Chapter Thirteen: Notebook

"It's ready!" Fletcher called from the bathroom. It'd been forever since anyone had ran me a bath, they always feel a million times better when someone else has done it for you. All the bubbles and moisturising lotions soaking in to your skin making you so realxed, almost like you have no cares in the entire world.

"I'm coming!" I called back, letting him know i'd heard him. I stood up and made my way to the stairs, excitedly jogging up them to meet a very proud Fletcher at the top, waiting for me. 

"Now i know you said don't make a fuss. But you just seemed so stressed and a little wound up so.." he stood back so i could walk in to the bathroom.

The lights were dimmed, candles surrounded the bath tub that was flowing with soapy bubbles, the smell of vanilla filled the air, I turned around and looked at Fletcher. 

"You didn't have to do all this!" I urged.

"Well, I did. So now you'll have to get in or it'll be a waste of all the fluffy bubbles." He winked at me and passed me two soft velvety red towels. 

"One for your hair and one for your body." He said before nodding gently and walking back down the stairs. 

"Aww, Fletcher! Thank-you." He turned and i smiled at him as he left. 

I looked round the bathroom, it all seemed so perfect. The candles flickered against the shower curtain that was hanging at the side of bathtub, reflecting the red glow on to the bubbles. 

I got undressed and placed one foot in the water cautiously in-case it was too hot or too cold.. it was perfect. I edged the rest of my body in to the water and gently sat down. Ahhh. I could definitely get used to this. 

After my long soak in the bath, I walked back in to Fletcher's bedroom and found something to wear. I grabbed one of his t-shirts with buttons down the middle and put it on like a jacket, fastening a few of the buttons. It was white, with thin grey stripes leading down it, vertically.

I walked downstairs after drying my hair and hesitantly looked for Fletcher. I hadn't heard him moving around for a while so i thought maybe he had drifted off to sleep. He wasn't in the living room, so i checked the kitchen. And there he was, with a bowl in one hand and wooden spoon in the other. 

"Whatcha doing?" i asked sweetly, swaying my hips from side to side.

"Making some brownies." he said mocking my high pitched tone of voice. 

He came over to me and held out the bowl. 

"Chocolately enough for you Madame?"

"God Fletcher, you don't have to bake for me! I didn't come here to be waited on, i know I'm a guest and all bu-" he cut me off. 

"Your helping me!' He laughed as he tossed me a spoon and asked me to melt some chocolate over the stove. I couldn't help but smile at the effort he was putting in, just to make me happy.

The weird thing about Fletcher was that i hardly knew him and yet i felt so comfortable and natural around him. It was almost as though i'd grown up with the guy.

"There you go! That's great!" He prompted me along in a patronizing tone. I jokingly scowled back up at him, pouted my lips together and we both laughed. Then something caught my eye, something outside. I stood looking out the window, staring at the large shed that filled most of his back garden. What was in there? It didn't look like an ordinary shed. There were no windows, the door must of had about 3 locks on it and it was a dark grungy black colour. Suddenly, my train of thought was interrupted. 

"Crystal!" Fletcher yelled. "Quick, look at this!"

I snapped my head back round to him, all of a sudden the side of my face collided with the wooden spoon, covered in chocolate. Fletcher burst out in to fits of laughter, holding his stomach and staring at my chocolate covered face.