XX

We must have been sitting in that car for close to an hour. I figured that this would take a while but it just seems to be dragging on. Becca, Tracy, and I have exhausted most of our topics of conversation and now just wait for anything new with the music faintly blaring in the background.

"Have you gotten any texts from either Josh or Nate?" Tracy asks. "You'd think they'd have something by now."

Becca scans at her phone as it's glow brightens up the car and causes her to blink twice. "Nothing. I swear, how hard is it to find some way into a chicks house."

"They probably just got caught up in the party." I say. " I'm sure they'll text back soon enough."

"Well, I think we've waited long enough. I'm gonna text them and ask where they are." She rapidly types and reads every word aloud and slowly. "What... the... hell? Have... you... found... a... way... in?"

Tracy ponders as she gazes out the window. "What if they got caught, got eliminated, and got their phones stolen? If they don't respond in the next five minutes, I say we book it."

"Nope," Becca says calmly while looking at her phone. "The blog says they're still good. If they did get eliminated, people would be talking about it nonstop." Then, we hear her phone buzz. "Sorry. It's been hard getting away from everyone without looking suspicious. I got separated from Nate. There's a gate in the back with no people around it. Just keep away from the windows and I'll open them up. After that, sneak to the shed. I'll explain when I see you." She then looks back at us.

I peak out my window and see the gate behind some of the hedges along the side of the house. "I see it. He said he's on the other side?"

"Yeah. We should hurry before somebody notices he's gone."

"Alright," Becca says as she opens her door. "Like he said, keep away from the windows and don't draw any attention."

Soon, we all crawl out and sneak across the street. There's about three guys in the yard but they're either not paying enough attention or are just to drunk to notice. We go to the gate quickly and quietly as we can. Once there, the three of us press our backs against the wall to keep ourselves away from the window a couple of feet.

Becca turns to the gate and presses her head against the wood. "Josh? Are you there? Open up. It's us." We wait a brief second before we hear the lock click and the gate give a slight squeak as it opens. Past the gate, we see a shadowy outline of Josh as bright lights and people can be seen and B.B.T.W. can be heard.

"Get in the shed across the yard. The band will be there in a second to put away their equipment. Hide behind the boxes or cling to the walls and take them out. Once you do, run past them and get in the car."

"What about Nate? Did you see where he went?" Tracy questions.

"No," Josh says while checking his phone in hopes of a response. "If he's not in the car, leave without him and I'll take him home. For now, get in the shed. I need to get back to the party so nobody gets suspicious."

We simply nod in agreeance as he rejoins the others. The rest of us stick to the walls of the yard but try our best to walk casually. To my right, I see the small stage set up with Wess pounding away at the drums and Mike singing into the mic. Eventually, we get into the small, square shed and creep into the little dark areas. Becca crouches along the wall next to the door as Tracy and I go behind some boxes in the back.

Becca turns and whispers to the rest of us. "As soon as the door opens, we shot and run. Don't give them a chance to see your face, react, or do anything. Got it?" We just nod back.

We're in there for about another five minutes, and sweating through each of them, before we hear the band begin to finish their set. We prepare ourselves as we grip the water guns and prepare to spring up as soon as the door opens. Soon enough, the door opens and I hear the few of them laughing amongst one another.

When the enter, Becca springs up and runs at the same time. I hear one of the guys grunt as the stream of water but I can't make out the faces with the bright lights behind them. I run forward too and slip between the guys as they just think we're some drunk partiers. Behind me, I hear Tracy trip over a number of cardboard boxes. as she stumbles to get to us. By the time the band members figure out what is going on, Tracy is able to get out of the gate and slam it shut behind her.

By the time she's at the car, Becca is holding the door open for her as I put the keys in the car. There's no sign of Nate so I drive off as Tracy launches herself into the back seat and Becca closes the door behind her. Once we're out of the neighborhood, I pull the car into a parking lot in front of a Chinese food place.

When I park in a spot, the three of us are silent for a second. None of us move suddenly and none of us make any noise. That is, until Becca opened her mouth.

"Woo!" she cheers while raising her arms up as if she's just won an Olympic medal. "Good job, Tracy," she says while hugging Tracy tightly. "And good job, Danny-Boy," she says while wrapping her arms over my shoulders from behind the driver's seat as she kisses my cheek. Eventually, Tracy and I join in on the celebration and congratulate each other. We don't know who, but we just eliminated one of the members of Blonde before the Weekend.