Shaded

Kaylin's P.O.V

I walked down the hall, towards my locker. My friend, Cara suddenly jumped in front me, blocking me from getting to my locker. I sighed and embraced myself for her cheery mood.

"Hi, hi!" She laughs at herself and claps her hands.

"Cara, it's Monday, you should be grumpy," I groaned, making my way around her to get to my locker. I put in my combination

"S'not my thing. Besides, I hear there's a new junior guy coming tomorrow!" She squeals. I roll my eyes as I placed the stuff I did not normally need, in my locker. I slung my bag back on my shoulder before shutting my locker.

"I gotta get to class, Cara." I cut her off from her rambling. She furrowed her eyebrows.

"Fine," She huffed, turning around and walking away. That was a normal thing for her to do. I walked to history without a problem. I sat in the back and got ready for todays lesson. Students piled in and I sighed, wishing Monday could simply be over.

• • •

"I heard that the new guy is a freak," My other friend, Tony started a conversation about the 'new guy'.

"How so?" I asked, genuinely curious as to why rude people would label someone a freak.

"Somebody saw him walking into his new home. They said he had tattoos or something," He shrugged. Just because he has tattoo's doesn't mean he's a freak.

"Forget about tattoos, I wanna see if he really is hot!" Cara butted in, wiggling her eyebrows and smirking.

"Face it Cara, you'll never get a boyfriend." Tony teased. I watched as Cara playfully slapped Tony's arm.

"Oh, shut up!" She giggled. I always feel like the third wheel when they're together.

"So, Kaylin, there's this movie that comes out on Friday, and I was wondering if you'd wanna come see it with me?" He asked. I was taken back by his comment towards me.

"Sure," I replied. "But, it's not a date right?" I quickly asked.

"Whatever you want it to be," He laughed. I shrugged and took a sip from my water bottle. It's definitely not going to be a date.

• • •

"How was school today?" My mom asked, biting on an apple. I shrugged and decided to give an actual answer.

"The usual. Everyone's talking about a new kid coming tomorrow. They said he's freak." She shook her head in disappointment.

"Those kids should learn a thing or two about being nice." She stated. I smiled and nodded, turning around to walk up the stairs.

"I'm doing my homework in my room!" I called from the top of the steps.

"Have fun!" My mom called back, causing me to roll my eyes. I closed my bedroom door before walking over to my bed. I threw my heavy bag on the bed and sat down. Suddenly, my phone continuously buzzed in my pocket. I took it out and accepted the call from Cara.

"Hello?" I answered. I heard loud shrieks and squeals. I pulled the phone away from my ear and waited for her to finish. Once she stopped, I started to talk, "What the hell, Cara!"

"Sorry! It's just," She squealed before continuing, "I saw him!"

"Who?" I replied, already annoyed that she interrupted my time to finish all the homework that I was given.

"The new kid in our grade! I was taking my usual after school jog and I saw him sitting on his porch steps, smoking!" She said, not even caring that he smokes.

"So?" I replied.

"He's sexy as F, Kaylin!" She exclaimed, "He has dark brown curly hair a bit styled into a quiff, and I saw tattoos covering his arms and oh my god he was just so hot!"

"I don't care. I have homework to do, Cara. I'll see you tomorrow." I know I was a bit harsh, but, I'm not the type of girl who likes to gossip; it annoys the hell out of me.

"Fine, grumpy pants." I could practically see her rolling her eyes. She hung up without a goodbye. She always makes a big deal out of things. I'm quite surprised that I'm still her friend. I pulled out my books and started with math.

After an hour of doing my homework, I had finally finished. I walked downstairs in time for my mom to announce that dinner was ready. I sat down at the kitchen table and waited for everyone to sit down. My dad, my sister, and my mom all sat down and we prayed before eating. We ate in silence for a while, until my mom started talking about her job at the hospital.

After dinner, I was instructed by my strict parents, to go upstairs, brush my teeth, change into pajamas, and go to bed. I followed the order and I was soon laying in my bed, playing on my phone. My phone buzzed and I looked at the text from none other than, Cara.

From: Cara:

Ur gonna drool once u see him ;) cant wait for tomorrowww

I ignored the text and turned my phone off before I set it on the table. I rolled over to my side and closed my eyes, drifting off into a deep sleep, trying to picture what the new kid looks like.