Chapter 24

Kaylin's P.O.V

I stayed silent the whole ride to absolutely nowhere. I didn't know what to think. I kept telling myself to just stay with him.

"I'm sorry," He mumbled as I watched him from the corner of my eye.

"Don't be," I confessed, eventually glancing down at my lap.

"I. . . I love you."

"I love you too." I really did mean it, though.

"Are you mad?" He asked.

"Kind of." My replies were straightforward and I could tell he was getting frustrated.

"Dammit, Kaylin! Don't do this!" He yelled, causing me to flinch at the sudden tone in his voice. I tried to hold back the tears as I quietly apologized. "You are all I have, all I want. This is supposed to be about us, not some shitty mistake I regret making."

"You promise you really do love me?" I whispered, my chin trembling as I couldn't hold back the tears any longer. He took a small glance at me, his hard expression turning into a frown.

"Babe, don't cry."

He suddenly pulled over to the side of the road and put the car in park before he raised his hands to cup my face. His thumbs wiped away my never ending tears.

"Do you promise?" I repeated.

"I don't need to promise my love to you," He leaned forward and kissed my forehead. "But I am going to show it to you."

"How?" I was genuinely curious by his statement.

"I can't tell you how," He sent me a cute, dimpled smile. It only caused a smile to break out on my face. "There's that adorable smile," He whispered, wiping away the tears that were left.

Suddenly, I saw a red flash behind us and the look on Harry's face was no longer soft. It had hardened again and he leaned back in his seat to check what it was.

"Shit," He cursed, running a hand through his tangled curls. I looked behind us and I could almost feel my heart stop beating. It was the police.

"What do we do?" I frantically asked.

"Just stay calm," He instructed, rolling down the window and grabbing a hold of my right hand. "There a problem, officer?" Harry asked as he caressed my hand, somewhat keeping me calm.

"Just checking to see if you too are doing ok. It's unusual for someone to drive out at around midnight," The officer informed us.

"Everything is fine. Just had to pull over to take a quick rest."

"Alright. . . Drive safely," He warned as Harry nodded. He soon walked away and Harry started up the car, quickly driving onto the road.

"That was scary," I told him, letting out a breath I had been holding in. He chuckled and lifted my hand up to his lips. He kissed my knuckles and glanced at me.

"I love you," He repeated. "I fucking love you."

I tried to cover my face and the fact that I felt all giddy inside. "I love you too, Harry."

___________________________________
This is the crappiest chapter because I feel like crap. I know this is short but could you angels bare with me and hear me out please? Because I feel like I can trust internet strangers more than my own 'friends' right now...

I'm going through a tough moment that only I know about. It's nothing terrible, it's just I get these moments where I break down and cry at night. The reason being, I'm having difficulties with friend issues. I am at the point where I feel like I have no friends at all. People tell me to speak up more, but it's not that simple when I'm constantly wondering if they would even care what I'd have to say? The girls at my lunch table are already tuning me out, leaving me to sit there in silence, occasionally glancing at me and pretending they were looking behind me. Even one of them started talking behind my back about how 'F***ing annoying' it is that I don't talk. I just want a Gosh dang friend who'd finally listen to what I'd have to say instead of ignoring me and looking at me like I'm the strangest freak on this entire planet. I can't fricken stand it any longer.