Chapter 7

Kaylin's P.O.V

I walked into the cafeteria and searched in hopes I could quickly find Harry. I had found him sitting alone at a table in the corner. I made my way over to the table and sat down across from him. He looked up from his food and raised an eyebrow.

"Would you like to come to my place for dinner tonight?" I asked him. He thought about it for a while before shrugging. "Besides, I owe you for saving me 3 times."

"Sure, I guess." He mumbled.

"Great!" I smiled wide and began to eat my lunch.

"What are you doing? Don't you have friends?" He asked.

"Not anymore. You're my only friend. If that's ok with you," I smiled at him.

"I don't mind." He looked back down at his food and quietly ate for the remainder of lunch.

•••

The doorbell rang and I knew it was Harry. I smiled and ran out of the kitchen yelling, "I'll get it!" I opened the door and there stood Harry. He was wearing a white t-shirt with black jeans and brown boots. He had a necklace around his neck, but I couldn't see it since it was hidden under his shirt.

"Come in, Harry!" I smiled and opened the door a bit more so he could come in. He smiled at me and stepped inside the house, observing it. "Follow me," I instructed, bringing him into the kitchen where everybody was. The only thing on my mind throughout the past few days, was picturing the looks on my parents faces once they saw the tattoos on Harry.

They aren't to fond of boys who cause trouble; not that Harry does. He has his reasons. My dad stood up from the table and walked over to Harry. He extended his arm and waited for Harry to shake it.

"It's nice to meet you, young man," He held a serious face as Harry shook his hand.

"You too, sir." Harry responded, his lips forming into a smile.

"Have a seat," My dad gestured to the table and we walked over to it, taking a seat. I noticed my sister staring at Harry in a flirty way. But, Harry simply ignored her. It made me want to laugh because she mostly get all the guys, while me? I've never been in a relationship; sad, I know.

"So, Harry, what do you do for a living?" My mom asked. I could see in the corner of my eye, Harry tense up next to me.

"Um, I uh, I'm a fighter. I basically fight bad people who do drugs or rob stores." He cleared his throat and continued to eat what was on his plate. My parents glanced at each other before looking back at us with obviously fake smiles. I knew they weren't pleased with his tattoos either, which made me slightly irritated.

After a couple of minutes passed, My dad dropped his fork on the plate, making a loud clatter. We all stopped and stared at him.

"I don't like it, boy." He confessed.

"Dad-"

"I don't like your tattoos, and I don't like your 'job'." He sat back and crossed his arms. Harry suddenly sighed and stood up before pushing his chair in.

"I get it. You obviously disapprove of me. Most parents would say the same thing if they ever saw me. Thank you for the lovely dinner. But, I have to go." He walked out of the kitchen and opened the front door. I stood up and glared at everybody before going after Harry.

"Harry!" I called, jogging up to him. "Please don't go." He stopped at the drivers side of his car.

"Why should I? Didn't you just hear what your dad said?" He turned to me with an angry expression.

"I did, and it was uncalled for. He shouldn't have said that about you. He doesn't know why you have all these tattoos and the reason why you fight."

"Neither do you! So, why do you care so much?" He yelled in frustration.

"I want to get to know you better! You aren't like most boys." I yelled, back.

"Gee, thanks," He said, sarcastically. He opened the car door and stepped inside.

"I meant it in a good way, Harry!" I told him.

"I don't get you at all," He shook his head.

"Well, here's your chance to get to know me," I smiled, hoping he would give in. He stared at the steering wheel, thinking, until his phone suddenly rang in his pocket. He pulled it out and answered it. I awkwardly stood there and watched as Harry's face hardened.

"I'll be right there." He hung up and looked at me. "I have to go, Kaylin. I'll see you at school." He shut the car door and pulled out of the driveway, speeding down the street.

Harry's P.O.V

I sped down the road with the radio blasting rock music. I swerved into the other lane before passing the car that was in front of me. I made a sharp right turn and drove into the bad part of town. I parked on the side of the road and stepped out of my car. I walked over to the group of buff guys smoking.

"You made it, Styles." The one with the long ass beard grumbled. He smirked at me and threw his cigarette on the floor.

"Where is she." I clenched my fists.

"Oh, c'mon! I thought you hated her after what she did to you," He chuckled.

"Just tell me where the fuck she is." I growled.

"Hi, Harry," I heard a high pitched voice squeak, coming from behind the group. I glared at her, causing her to shift uncomfortably under my gaze. I walked up to her and gave her an evil glare.

"You're so lucky I don't hit girls," I spat in her face. They had tied her hands behind her back so she couldn't run away. "Karma's a bitch. Ain't it?" I smirked at her terrified expression.

"Please! Help me, Harry," She whispered, so the men couldn't hear. I backed away, the smirk still etched onto my face. "Harry!" She screamed in desperation as tears sprung down her cheeks.

"Have a good life, slut." I replied, turning and walking away. Her continuous screams only caused my smirk to grow bigger. I hopped into my car and drove away. As I neared my house, I thought about Kaylin. I don't know why the hell she talks to me.

I'm just a dumb ass who drinks, smokes and fights. I have this fucked up feeling that I need to protect her from something. I parked in my driveway and stepped out of the car. I walked up to my front door and slammed it shut behind me. I gripped my hair and clenched my teeth as I glared at the floor.

I growled and flipped over the kitchen table with strong force. Opening the fridge door, I rummaged for beer. I found some and grabbed a couple before sitting on the kitchen floor, in front of the sink. I popped the cap and chugged it. Beer after beer, I was beyond drunk.

I continuously banged my head against the hardwood before attempting to stand up. I stumbled into the living room. I came upon a picture of me and my sister when we were little; we were kneeling in the sand with mini shovels in our hands, smiling and squinting our eyes at the camera. I picked it up, brushing my thumb over the picture before raising it and slamming it onto the ground.

It shattered into pieces. I slumped down on the ground, trying to pick up the sharp pieces. A piece of sharp glass pricked my finger, causing blood to trail down my hand. I breathed heavily and ignored the numbing pain; and it wasn't only from the glass, but because of my empty, cold blooded heart.