Chapter 2: Four Years-Old

The lads were finally home from yet another tour and boy were they glad. Even little Darcy was happy while she was set on the couch, her slight fluffy tail swaying as she watched the others set their luggage by the stairs.

"We home! We home!" she cheered, clapping before letting out a big yawn.

The others chuckled and plopping down in any available seat, Liam picking her up and placing her in his lap. He let out a soft yawn as he began scratching behind her ear, the corners of his lips curling up into a smile when he heard her purr. "Are you happy to be home, love?" he asked, watching her nod and pout.

"Yes~. No wike smwall bus," she mumbled, snuggling closer into him as her eyelids became heavy.

"Let's get you changed for bed," he whispered, gently kissing her forehead.

She nodded slightly and closed her eyes slightly, her right ear twitching while she listened to Liams heart bear. Her hands gripped his button up shirt when she felt him stand up, letting out a soft whine from the movement. Opening her eyes slightly, she watched as Liam picked up her baby bag that had been placed on the steps beside all the other luggage.

Liam glanced down at her and chuckled, getting her to look up at him. "You watch everything around you so carefully...its cute," he said as he made his way up the stairs.

He made his way to her room and put her bag in the rocking chair before walking over to the changing table. As he laid her down on the table, he noticed that she had fallen asleep, her tail wrapping around her wrist as she breathed softly. Smiling at the scene, he began changing her and made sure there wasn't any rushes before grabbing a blue onesie with kitten paw print patterns, putting it on her without waking her up.

He picked her up and laid her down in her bed, pulling the safety bars up so she wouldn't roll out in her sleep. He laid her fox next to her and pulled out a new dummy from her dresser, gently placing it against her lips for her to take.

After a few minutes, he kissed her forehead and pulled the covers over her before turning the night light on beside her bed. He smiled at her sleeping form before quietly walking out of the room and pulling the door slightly closed behind him, making sure he left it cracked open.

He ran his fingers through his hair as he let out an exhausted sigh before he made his way down the hall to his room. He said good night to the others as they entered their own rooms.

At night, after they would get her to sleep, they would each take turns with the baby monitor. If one of them gets up to get something or even use the bathroom, they would always check on her before heading back to bed. This was a nightly routine for them, something they enjoyed.

As for the monitor, tonight was Nialls turn to keep it in his room. Before he laid his head on his pillow, he checked that the batteries were still good before turning the monitor on. A smile filled his face as he heard small, muffled meows coming through the speaker.

He slowly pulled off her shirt and laid down in his bed, pulling the covers over himself as he drifted off to sleep.

Morning (Four A.M.)

Crying rang through the speakers, filling Nialls room and waking him up. He groaned a bit before pushing himself out of bed, making his way down the hall. He gently pushed Darcys door open and walked in, a frown quickly appearing along his lips as he saw the young kitten sitting up in her bed.

Darcy hiccuped softly as her ears sagged and eyes a slight red as tears escaped the corners of her eyes, rolling down her rosy cheeks. She rubbed her eyes and slowly looked up, quickly holding her arms out once she noticed Niall. "P-Papa!" she cried out, more tears beginning to form.