Chapter 5: Seven years-old

Darcy slumped on the closed door of her house as she pulled her hoodie farther over her head. "Darcy, is that you?" Louis called from the kitchen.

"Yeah," she said, keeping down and walking to the stairs.

"Hold it."

She froze as she heard Harry's voice.

"Why do you have your hood on inside? You know you're not allowed," he said, raising an eyebrow. When she didn't answer, he sighed and pulled the hood off only to see her right ear bandaged up and sunglasses covering her eyes. By this time, the lads were all in the living room and looking at her as Harry sighed and took off the sunglasses but she quickly ran up to her room before they could see anything.

They all blinked and looked at each other before making their way up to her room. They knocked on her door, waiting patiently for her to open the door, and watched as it slowly opened, revealing Darcy with her hair over her left eye. Liam kneeled down then pushed her hair out of her face, a gasp coming from all of them as they saw Darcy with a black lip and a busted lip. "What happened? Who did this?" he asked, rubbing his thumb over her busted lip causing her to flinch.

She stared at her though, not looking away as she answered, clenching her fists in her jacket pocket, "Duke."

Harry noticed and pulled her hands out of her pockets, his eyes widening at the sight of her knuckles wrapped. "Darcy Rose, did you fight back?" he asked, staring at her as tears started to fall down her cheeks.

"He started it by taking scissors to my ears-/my cat ears/! I have a piece missing because of him! That was before recess! During recess, he came over and started calling me names and punched me so I fought back!" she cried, rubbing her eyes as she hiccupped. "H-he said that I was no good except for doing what I'm told! I'm sorry! I-I really am!"

Harry's eyes softened and he pulled her into a hug, shushing her quietly. "It's okay, kitten. Calm down, love," he whispered, kissing her forehead and rubbing her back.

"I-I'm not in trouble?"

"No," Zayn said, smiling softly," you were defending yourself."

Louis leaned down and took her hands into his then kissed the bandaged knuckles. "So," he started, looking serious before he smirked, "how bad does he look at the moment?"

This gained him a stern "Louis" from Liam. "It's not a good thing she fought back," he mumbled, walking back downstairs.

The others followed him but Darcy grabbed Louis' hand and tugged him down. He kneeled down and smiled when she motioned him closer. She grinned and whispered in his ear, "Got him square in the jaw and kicked him where the sun don't shine."

He laughed and ruffled her hair. "Don't listen to what they say, Darc. You're good for anything you want," he said, smiling.

"I know I just didn't want him saying something like that about another hybrid," she said, smiling before she ran downstairs, whining. "Pappy~! My eye hurts!"

Louis chuckled and followed after her. "That's one trophy you'll always remember forever!"

"Louis!" the lads yelled.

Darcy smiled as Louis chuckled. They all were proud of her for standing up for herself and she knew it even if they didn't say it.