Chapter 11: Thirteen years-old

The year of the teenager had finally arrived, having dreaded it since the day she turned eleven and now it had come, wishing it would pass soon.

When Darcy turned thirteen, her attitude had changed slightly, meaning you couldn't tell when she was going to be grumpy. Luckily for them, she wasn't as bad as they thought she would be. She did get easily angered though so they had to be careful with that.

"Darcy! I thought you had to be there early!" Liam yelled from the bottom of the stairs.

"I'm coming!"

He sighed as he looked at the others.

They were about to head back to Darcys' school to watch her play football (soccer). It was her last match of the session and she had been practicing none stop since everyone was counting on her to win apparently. But she still did her school work and got that done before she worried about football. Her grades had improved a lot, almost getting back up to straight A's ever since she joined the football team.

She ran down the stairs and looked up at Liam. "Sorry, pappy. I couldn't find my hair tie," she said, smiling. "But I can ask Jessica if she has one. Ready to go now."

"Then let's get going! We should have left—"

"I know~," Darcy whined, pouting. "Can we go now?"

Louis chuckled and opened the door. "Let's go then."

Darcy grinned and ran out of the door, grabbing her duffle bag from Niall. "Thanks, papa!" she cheered, running to the van.

"She sure is excited," Zayn said, chuckling.

"Of course! It's the last game!" Louis cheered, grinning.

Harry nodded and grinned. "Yeah!"

"Dads! Come on! I have a match to win!"

"We're coming!"

[At the game]

Darcy looked up at blenchers and waved at the boys. "Ready to win, D?" Jessica asked, wrapping her arm around the red heads shoulder.

"You bet! Been practicing for a week start with my dad's!"

Jessica smiled and patted the girls head. "Then good luck."

Darcy nodded and grinned. "Same to you, jess."

Soon the game was at the last quarter and Darcys' team needed the last goal to win. Jessica kicked the ball to Darcy and Darcy would have caught it but one of the opposing team member tripped her. She squealed and tried to catch herself but hit her knee pretty bad.

Her teammates ran over to help her as everyone in the blenchers went quiet, even the boys. "What happened?" Niall asked, worried.

Darcys' ears sagged as she was helped up by Jessica and held back a wince as she straightened her right leg. "You okay? You fell pretty badly," Amy pointed out, concerned.

"Yeah," she said, smiling nervously. "Let's finish this game with a goal."

"But you look in pain and your knee lo—"

"I'm fine!"

"If you say so."

The game started again and Darcy winced as she ran with the ball. She growled as she kicked the ball as hard as she could towards the goal, getting it passed the goalie, everyone cheering and standing up in the blenchers as the ball hot the net, the timer signaling the head of the game. She sighed and fell on her knees, regretting it as pain shot through her body, and screamed.

"Darcy!" her teammates yelled, running over to her.

"D, what's wrong?!" Jessica yelled, kneeling beside her.

Darcy's ears pressed against her head as she squeezed her eyes shut. "My knee," she mumbled.

"I knew something happened but like al---"

"Jess! Pain!"

"Right. Sorry," Jessica said, helping her stand. "Just put your arm around my shoulders and we'll get you to the locker room in time."

Darcy shook her head quickly, pouting. "Want daddy and papa. Papa's knee was like mine. Need papa, Jess~," she whined, wincing as hair tail brushed against her knee.

Jessica nodded and looked at Amy. "Go get her dads and lead them to the locker room."

Amy nodded and ran off to find her worried fathers.

[Locker room]

"Ow! It hurts!"

"Well stop moving!"

"But it really hurts!"

"Darcy!"

"Papa!" Darcy yelled, looking up to see her dads entering the locker room.

"What happened?" Niall asked, looking at Jessica.

"One of the other teammates tripped her while trying to get the ball and she hit her knee but, being the stubborn one on the team, she continued to play and it made it worse," Jessica said, holding the ice pack to the injured knee.

Harry looked at Darcy when she yelled and tried to move away. "Let's get her in the car. We need to go see a doctor," he said, sighing.

Liam carefully picked her up bridal style and kissed her forehead when she whimpered. "It's okay, baby, I got you."

She gripped the front of his shirt as they started walking.

[Hospital]

The doctor walked over to the boys and smiled softly when they all stood up. "Is she okay?" Louis asked.

The doctor nodded and the boys sighed. "She's just fine. She did fall and hit her knee cap badly but it's nothing serve. She just has to keep off it for a month and let it heal," he said, smiling. "She'll be right out."

The boys nodded and sat back down as the doctor walked away to attend to another patient.

"That scared me," Zayn mumbled, running a hand through his hair. "What was she thinking?"

"She was focused on winning the game that she ignored the pain for the last goal I guess," Louis said, sighing.

"She sure is something," Liam said, smiling.

"Yeah. But now we have to deal with trying to keep her off her bad knee," Niall said, chuckling nervously.

"That won't be a problem," they heard someone say followed by a clank noise.

They all looked up to see Darcy standing there with crutches and a knee brace on her right knee. "All I gotta do is take it easy and since football is over, I can do just that."

Harry grinned and stood up. "Glad you're okay, Darc," he said, kissing her forehead. "Me, too," she said, smiling. "I thought I wasn't going to be able to play football again."

The boys chuckled and smiled. They were glad that she was okay and they knew that she felt happy that her team won the last game.