Chapter 4: Six years-old

Darcy watched as the drumsticks hit the top of the drums, then to the guitars, then the keyboard, and finally the mics that the lads were holding as they sang. For a month she has been interested in music. She even asked the band to teach her how to play the instruments. 

So far she already knows how to play the drums, base, and acoustic guitar, though she already knew how to sing. She wanted to surprise the lads while they were on break, which was in a few minutes. The band was going to help.

"Okay, lads, you can take a break," Paul said before walking back to talk to the techs.

The lads sat on the stage and laughed. Darcy walked over to the drummer, Josh, and he pulled her on to her lap. "Ready, love?" he whispered, handing her the drum sticks.

She grinned and pushed her hair out of her face, nodding. "Yeah," was all she said before she twirled the sticks between her fingers.

She hit the sticks together and started playing the drums a Midnight Memories as the others played the rest. They didn't sing, just played. She kept her eyes on the drums, grinning even more as she remembered all the beats perfectly, her ears twitching every now and then.

Once she finished, she was swept up into the air, causing her to squeal. "That was amazing, Darc!" Niall said.

She looked down to see Harry smile up at her which made her grin. Liam poked her cheeks and smiled. "Dimples! Now she really could be Harry's kid!"

She giggled and kissed Harry's cheek. "Surprise, Daddies!" she cheered, smiling.

"At least, I know that that's where you go when we aren't looking," Zayn said, pinching her cheeks.

She pushed his hands away and rubbed her cheeks, smiling. "Josh said that he'd help me with the drums, Sandy said he'd help me with the base, and Dan said he'd help me with the acoustic!"

"Shoulda seen her! SHe got it on the first try with Midnight Memories!" Josh said, smiling. "She's a pro with the drums."

"As well as the guitars," Sandy and Dan chirped.

Harry put Darcy down and smiled. "What about singing?"

Darcy gave a cheeky smile and nodded.

"Can we hear?" Louis asked, grinning.

Darcy smiled at them and nodded.

'I won't let these little things
Slip out of my mouth
But if It's true
It's you, it's you
They add up to
I'm in love with you
And all your little things'

Liam smiled and scratched behind her ears causing her to purr like always. "Looks like we have a talented hybrid~," he said, chuckling.

Darcy smiled and nodded, "When I get older I'm gonna form a band just like you guys!"

"What are you going to name your band then?" Liam asked.

Darcys' eyebrows scrunched up and her tail flicked. "I still have time to think of a name!" she said, pouting.

Louis chuckled and ruffled her hair.

"Dada! Don't ruin my curls! Ruin daddy's!" she whined, frowning.

"I think someone has been spending too much time with Hazza," Louis pointed out, chuckling.

"Well, he is my daddy~," Darcy pointed out, grinning.

"Too much time with Louis also!" Harry laughed.

__________________________________________________________________________

At the concert that night, Darcy was sitting on Josh's lap, watching him play the drums. Her ears were twitching as she listened to the lads sing, never taking her eyes off the drums until the end of the song, which was the last song of the night.

"Thank you, Dublin!" Louis yelled into the mic.

Darcy grinned as the lads ran off the stage, jumping off Josh's lap and following after her daddies.

"That was great, lads!" Liam cheered, giving Zayn a fist pump before they group hugged.

Darcy's eyes sparkled as she grinned. "It was purrfect!" she cheered before growling and crossing her arms over her chest, a pout on her lips. "Stupid purr."

The lads chuckled and smiled. "It's not stupid, it's cute," Niall said, kissing her head.

She smiled and nodded, meowing softly as they hugged her. She loved these lads and she looked up to them, nothing would change that.