Chapter 8: Ten years-old

Darcy groaned as the light from her window blinded her. She rolled over and tried to go back to sleep but her alarm clock went off. "Oh come on! It's Saturday~!" she whined, turning off her alarm. She closed her eyes and slowly started to doze off. A minute later, she sat up with her eyes wide open and a big grin on her face. "It's Saturday!"

She jumped out of bed than ran out of her room and down the stairs to be met with Liam and Zayn in the kitchen. "Babba! Pappy!" she cheered.

Liam looked at her and smiled. "Morning, Darc. Did you sleep well?"

She nodded and smiled. "Yes, sir."

"Someone's happy~," Zayn said, grinning.

"Yup! Guess what today is?"

"Saturday?" Zayn asked, smiling.

"And?"

"No school?" Liam asked.

"And?"

"May fifteen?" Niall asked, walking into the kitchen with Louis right behind him.

"Which means?"

"It's your birthday!" Louis cheered, picking her up and spinning her around. "Happy tenth birthday, Darc~!"

She giggled and smiled. "Thanks, dad," she said, looking around before pouting. "Daddy not here again is he?"

Louis sighed and put her down, rubbing her head. "Afraid so, babe. But, hey, today you and I get to spend time together for a few hours. How does that sound?"

"Can we watch Cinderella then?" she asked, looking up at him with hopeful eyes.

"Anything you want, Darc," he said, kissing her forehead.

Straight after breakfast, Darcy ran into the living room to prepare the movie while the boys stayed in the kitchen. "I can't believe him. I thought he said he would be here before Darcy woke up," Louis whispered, sighing.

"Dad! I'm ready!" Darcy yelled.

"Coming!"

"Just keep her distracted while we get everything ready. Maybe Harry will be home by then," Liam said, sighing.

"If he isn't, he's in big trouble," Niall mumbled.

Louis sighed and walked into the living room. "Ready, princess?" he asked, sitting on the couch.

She looked at him and nodded.

"What's wrong, love?" he asked, pulling her onto his lap.

"Do you think daddy forgot about my birthday?"

"I...I really don't know, Darcy. But I do know that when he gets home, he's in big trouble," Louis assured her, kissing her cheek. "Now, let's watch the movie!"

Darcy giggled and pressed play.

Later that night

"/Happy birthday to you!/" everyone sung.

Darcy smiled at her cake which had music notes and instruments on it.

"Blow out the candles and make a wish, Darc!" Luke cheered, grinning.

Darcy closed her eyes and blew out all ten candles as everyone cheered. She opened her eyes and smiled, putting some frosting on Ashtons' nose causing everyone to laugh. "I don't really need to make a wish because I have all I need right here," she said, looking at all of them.

They smiled and kissed her forehead.

"Time for presents!" Calum said, picking Darcy up.

"Uncle Cal!" she squealed, giggling.