Chapter 3: Five years-old

Darcy looked up at the bed in front of her. It was December twenty-fourth, Christmas Eve and Louis' birthday. Harry had asked her to watch to make sure he didn't wake up then five minutes ago Niall asked her to wake him up.

She puffed out her cheeks and her tail flicked as she climbed on the bed. Once up there, she jumped on Louis' stomach and watched him. "Dada," she said, poking his nose. When he didn't answer she growled. "Dada!" her tail tickled his stomach and he stirred, slowly opening his eyes.

She noticed and her ears perked up. "Dada! Happy birthday!" she cheered, smiling wide.

He looked at her and smiled sleepily. "Thank you, baby girl," he yawned, sitting up.

She fell backwards, laying on her back in his lap, her tail swaying more.

He smiled and tickled her, getting her laughing.

"S-Stop, Dada!" she laughed, pushing his hands away and sitting up in his lap, giving him a tight hug. "I love you."

He smiled and hugged her back. "Love you, too, Darcy," he mumbled, kissing her forehead. "So, where's daddy?"

"He told me to watch you but Papa told me to get you. I think he's on that date with Ta-Taylor Swift," she said, pouting. "And on Christmas Eve too."

Louis sighed and stood up, picking her up as he did so. They knew that management was doing this on purpose to him from Darcy as well as from Louis but it hurt them, mostly the poor girl.

"Hey, Dada? When I get older, will I be too old to call you Dada?"

Louis shook his head and smiled at the Hybrids short attention span. "You won't be too old for anything, baby," he said about to walk down the stairs.

"Can I walk down the stairs like a big girl, like yesterday?"

Louis put her down but held her hand and put her other hand on the railing as he got smiled. "Remember, be careful," he said as they walked down the staircase.

At the bottom was everyone! Niall, Liam, Zayn, Little Mix, Just, Selena, Miley, Louis' family, Simon, Demi, 5 Seconds of Seconds, and Fifth Harmony. (XD Big Fan of them all!) "Happy Birthday, Louis!" they cheered.

Louis smiled and let go of Darcys' hand once they were on the last step. "Thanks guys!"

Darcys' tail swayed as she was picked up by Justin. "It's been so long since I've seen you. You've grown!" he said, grinning.

You saw be last month, JuJu!" she said, giggling and hugging him around the neck.

"You still have grown," he said, kissing her cheek then putting her down.

Six hours later

Darcy tugged on Louis' pants leg. "Dada!" she whined, holding up a piece of paper to him.

Louis took it with a smile and looked at it. It was a picture of all the lads and Darcy on Harry's shoulder. Louis couldn't help but smile. "It's really cute, Darcy! I think it deserves to go on the fridge," he cheered, placing it on the fridge and putting a magnet on it. "There! Now everyone can see how perfect it is."

"P-Purrfect," she purred before pouting. "I can never say that word."

He just laughed and shook his head. "You're a cat hybrid, Darc, that's one word that's going to be difficult to say," he said, smiling. "It's passed your bedtime, love."

"No~. I wanna wait for Daddy~," she whined, pouting.

"I know but—"

"But he'll be here when you wake up," Liam said, kneeling in front of her.

"No he won't," she mumbled, walking passed them to the doorway. "He's off with that singer. And tomorrow's Christmas."

Niall picked her up and sighed, kissing her forehead. "We know, babe, we know," he said, looking at the others. "Why don't we all watch a movie? Sound good?"

She nodded and was set down. "Can we watch Cinderella?" she asked, looking up at them.

"If that's wh---"

Zayn was interrupted by the door opening and being slammed shut.

"Daddy!" Darcy cheered, looking up at Harry.

He groaned and rubbed his head. "Not so loud, Darcy," he mumbled, sitting on the couch.

"What's wrong, Daddy?" she asked, climbing on the couch to sit beside him.

"I think it's time for bed~," Louis sang, picking her up.

"But you said we could watch a movie!"

"I know and we will tomorrow," Liam said, glancing at Harry who looked annoyed.

"But I wanna watch it now!"

"Darcy! Stop yelling and go to bed!" Harry snapped.

Everyone stared at him as Darcys' eyes formed tears. She jumped out of Louis' arms and ran upstairs, tripping slightly as she did so but she kept going up them, running to her room. Louis glared at him and was about to say something when Liam pushed him towards the stairs. "Just go see if she's okay. I'll handle this," he said.

Louis nodded and ran up the stairs.

Liam glared at Harry, crossing his arms over his chest. "You had no reason to yell at her, Harry. She just wanted to see you and, yes, we did tell her she could watch a movie but if you would have waited a minute we would have reasoned with her to wait until tomorrow for the movie. Now, being part cat, she's probably hiding with her tail between her legs. You know how sensitive she is," he said, still glaring at Harry. "What are you so mad about anyway?"

"Management is what's got me pissed!"

"Language!" Zayn hissed

They want me to stop going out in public with Darcy because it shows that I have a fatherly side! So I yelled at them and Taylor even argued about it with them saying that all our fans love Darcy and that since I've been seen with her, less hybrids have been bought as slaves!" Harry exclaimed, running a hand through his hair roughly. "So, I yelled at Simon and told him that if he wanted me to stay in the band, he would have to get someone else in management that doesn't have something against hybrids!" He paused for a second to take in a breath. "As well as gays." He sighed and ran a hand through his hair, gently this time before he put his face in his hands. "I didn't mean to snap at her."

"Lads! I can't find her!" Louis yelled from the top of the stairs.

"I know where she is," Harry said, standing up. "I have to apologize to her anyway."

__________________________________________________________________________________

Harry walked into Darcys' room and sighed. "Darcy," he said, walking towards her closet. He opened it slowly, being careful not to frighten her more, then kneeled down, moving a few boxes, and finding her sitting there, tears running down her cheeks. "Oh, kitten." He wiped her tears gently with the pads of his thumbs and sighed. "I'm so sorry for yelling. I really didn't mean it, baby. Daddy was just so pis...mad at some people and he took it on you. Please forgive me."

She stared at him for a while before slowly crawling over to him, nudging his hand. He smiled softly and scratched behind her ear, pulling her on to his lap as she purred. "Forgive you, daddy. But only if you let me sleep with you and Dada."

He chuckled and nodded. "That way when Christmas comes tomorrow..."

"I wake up with Daddy and Dada!" she said, laying her head on his chest.

He kissed her forehead and smiled. That was the last time he would ever yell at her.