Chapter 6: Eight years-old

"Darcy!" Liam called from downstairs.

"One minute!" she yelled, finishing the last of her math homework then put it in her bag so she won't forget it on Monday before running downstairs to meet Liam in the living room. "Sorry. I was finishing my homework."

He smiled and nodded. "It's fine. School comes first before anything," he said, rubbing her head.

Her ears twitched and she smiled up at him. "Where's the others?" she asked, tilting her head.

"They went to the store. We're almost out of food," he said, rubbing over her right ear where the piece was missing. He stared at her and images of the little baby with little auburn curls, forest green eyes, and baby auburn cat ears and tail started to invade his head.

Darcy stared up at him with her tail swaying behind her slowly. "Pappy?" she mumbled, seeing a tear slip down his cheek. She stood on one of the dining room chairs and wiped the tear away. "Pappy? What's wrong?"

He blinked and stared at her before smiling sadly. "You're growing up too fast on all of us," he said, scratching behind her ear.

She purred and leaned into the touch. "But, Pappy, I'm still the same Darcy you guys raised," she said, smiling. "It'll never change. Even if I get big, I'm still gonna be the same!"

He smiled and nodded. "You're right, love. I just wish you could stay little forever," he said, chuckling.

She grinned and nodded. "I wish that sometimes too, but I'm glad I'm growing up because I'm gonna form a band and it's gonna be awesome!" she cheered, hugging Liam around his neck. "Just like my daddies!"

He chuckled and nodded. "I'm sure it will be. What do you plan to do in the band?"

She jumped down from the chair and grinned. "Sing and play the base. But I'd have another member play the base when I'm not. So, I'd have..." She started counting on her fingers, mumbling under her breath, "drums, electric, base, keyboard, sound system..." She looked up at him and grinned. "Six people in my band!"

"Wow. That's a lot of people," an Irish accent said from the doorway of the kitchen.

Darcy turned around and smiled wide. "Papa!" she cheered, her tail swaying.

"Hey! I' here too!" Louis said, pouting.

"Dada!"

"Hey! What about us?"

"Daddy! Babba!"

Everyone chuckled at the hyper hybrid. "So, do you know what you're going to name your band?" Harry asked as he put the bags on the counter.

"Not yet~," she whined, pouting. "But I'll think of something."

"We know you will," Zayn said, ruffling her hair.

"So, what do you guys want for dinner?" Liam asked, putting the food away.

"Nando's!" Niall and Darcy cheered.

"We had that last night~!" Louis whined. "Pick something that we haven't had in a while."

"Fish?"

Everyone looked at Darcy whose ears twitched and tail flicked. She blinked and tilted her head. "What?"

Zayn grinned and got out a packet of fish. "I think we know you to well," he said, chuckling.

"Looks like we're having fish tonight," Liam said, gaining a cheer from Darcy, making them all chuckle.

Dinner

Darcy's tail swayed as Liam cut her fish up for her. "Pappy~! I wanted to do that~!" she whined, pouting.

He chuckled and put the plate in front of her, kissing her forehead. "When you get older, I promise," he said, sitting down to eat his fish.

She licked her lips before she stabbed a piece of her fish and put it in her mouth. But as soon as she bit it, she squeaked causing the others to look at her. "What's wrong, kitten?" Harry asked, raising an eyebrow.

She grabbed a napkin and spit into it, revealing one of her canines and the fish. "I forgot that I had a loose tooth," she said, putting the napkin on the table.

The others chuckled than went back to eating. That night when it was time for bed, she hugged Liam before he left her room. "No matter how big I get, I'll always be your little girl," she said, rubbing her eyes tiredly.

"I know," he said, smiling as he kissed her forehead. "Night, love."

"Night," she mumbled, closing her eyes.