Part 3

Kakashi watched the three genin struggling up the cliff, they only made it about halfway before Sasuke, surprisingly, slipped. Falling quite a few meters before catching himself, painfully, on a rock several meters behind Sakura. His teammates looked down at him, concerned, but Sasuke simply shrugged off the embarrassment and started climbing once again, taking a fair few minutes to catch up to Sakura. A rather large cut poured blood over his forearm but was otherwise ignored by the Uchiha.

Kakashi sighed at his team. They haven't learned anything but more independence from this which was not his intention at all. If he wanted them to act like a team, he'd have to give them a common enemy, in this case, it'll be him.

After several hours of climbing, the team finally dragged themselves to the top. Naruto came first, then Sasuke and Sakura.

The trio heaved, eager for air but only acquiring small amounts.

Sasuke and Naruto had never trained to this level and were completely exhausted while Sakura never knew training like this existed. Kakashi was slightly worried she'd actually pass out.

The silver-haired man gave them a few minutes to gain some air before breathing out and crossing his arms.

The genin looked up at him, still collapsed around the field of ground sixty-six, confused to see disappointment in their sensei's eyes.

"Let's see..." Kakashi began "Sasuke. Tell me why you think this was necessary."

Sasuke stood up and picked up what pride he had left after being so, pathetically, out of breath. "Hn. To train our strength and stamina." he stated, crossing his arms, copying Kakashi.

Kakashi moved on to the next "Naruto?"

Naruto was still looking rather drained but moved onto one knee "to train our patience and resilience?" He said unsurely.

Kakashi turned to the last of the lot and raised his eyebrow, motioning for Sakura to talk.

She looked at the other two before turning to her sensei "Endurance?" She heaved, grasping her wrists as it still hurt from the climb.

Kakashi looked at the three, wondering why he had to be the one to teach them.

After a good five minutes of giving them a slight glare, he sighed again. It seemed he'd be doing that a lot with this group.

"Sasuke. You think this is about strength and stamina when in fact the climb itself does work on that but it was not the purpose of it. Not only that but when Sakura clearly needed assistance, you didn't even glance in her direction!"
The Uchiha had the decency to look ashamed and lowered his head.

"Naruto, when in fact your statement was also true, you are wrong. Of all people, I would've thought you'd be the one to figure it out and not to mention you showed Sakura where to climb yet didn't stick around to see if she was ok and help her! You were too occupied with your own success instead of someone else's health."
Naruto, too, lowered his head in shame for both, not helping his teammate and for letting down his sensei.

"Sakura. You're wrong too, but not only that, you're pathetic. You challenge the boys-"

"How did you-" Sakura gasped.