Part 34

"Oi!" 

Kakashi glanced over his shoulder and found Guy running, full-speed, at him. The Jounin's eye widened as he realized his self-proclaimed rival was going too fast and soon found himself laying on the floor along with him as he'd run right into him.

"K-Kakashi" Guy stuttered, his eyes blank as tried gaining his bearings. Villagers walked by as if nothing happened, only casting them amused glances, they were used to seeing the two causing a ruckus around the village.

"Hn...Guy...Baka" Kakashi mumbled, trying to make his sight stop spinning.

The two slowly, and eventually, sat up, rubbing their pained heads. 

Guy looked down and noticed a bunch of vegetables and other food items lying on the floor around them "Ehh? What kind of person would leave perfectly good, healthy, food on the dirty floor like this? Tch!" Guy mumbled, to himself mostly. 

Kakashi looked at him with a deadpan stare until it caught the green leaf's attention "It's my groceries...I was carrying them in this bag before you ran into me" Kakashi stated, holding up a torn brown bag with an irk mark growing on his forehead.

Guy rubbed the back of his neck and sheepishly chuckled. He quickly picked up all the ingredients and ran off, only to come back not a moment later with another brown bag. 

Kakashi sighed, no point in staying mad at the man as he'd returned his groceries to him and started patting him down of all the dust covering his body.

Eventually, Kakashi had to slap his hands away as Guy didn't seem to realize, in that innocent mind of his, just where his hands were heading.

Without another word, the copycat nin sauntered away with his groceries in hand, once again. 

"H-Hey!" Guy called again, this time running up to his side a little slower.

Kakashi ignored the man's presence and watched the clouds above his head, leisurely drifting as they overlooked all the events happening on the ground. The Jounin sometimes wished he could just drop everything and leave, live a life with no responsibilities, but then he'd realize that he actually liked being responsible for something; his students, for example.

"Oi! Are you listening to me?" Guy pulled the silver-haired male from his thoughts as he stepped into view. 

"Hm? You still here?" Kakashi questioned, his cool tone throwing the eccentric man off his game.

"Tch!" Guy clicked his tongue and jumped back with a dramatic flare before pointing, heatedly, at his rival who simply watched him with a bored expression "I challenge you!" Guy roared, hyped up and filled with neverending energy.

Kakashi simply kept staring at Guy until the green spandex-wearing male cracked, his face twisting with curiosity and impatience "What'do you say, my eternal rival?" Guy smirked, his teeth shining in the sun. Kakashi wondered if that was a medical condition or if the man had false, glass-like, teeth since they weren't meant to shine like that.

"No" Kakashi said, he didn't really have the time for a competition with Guy anyway. His students needed training and since he'd been training with Sasuke and Naruto with Jiraiya - he needed to find someone that could train his female student soon.

Guy frowned and opened his mouth to throw back a retort to try and hype him up as well but was interrupted before he could even begin by Asuma and Kurenai walking over to the two.

"Ohayo!" The two chorused together with friendly smiles. Of course, Guy returned the gesture while Kakashi simply stared at them. He wondered if they'd act as if nothing happened the day before. Even so, he wasn't one to join in with drama among friends - He'd rather be training.