Part 18

"Hn... Is this a joke?" Sasuke whispered to his team.

Sakura narrowed her eyes at the man but returned to her medical book nonetheless as he held no interest to her.

Naruto, on the other hand, snickered faintly at Sasuke's comment.

The boys stared at the man, one with mockery and the other with a glare but not for long before Kakashi took it upon himself as their Sensei to smack the two over the heads.

The two shook their heads slightly to rid themselves of the slight pain but regained their focus, ignoring the fact that their Sensei just gave them a warning, both glared at the man who looked at them with disgust and anger.

It didn't go unnoticed by Sakura, who was becoming better at surveying the area whilst reading, that the two males were rather in sync with each other even though they were self-proclaimed rivals.

"Hm! You expect me to believe the short brat with the stupid look on his face is supposed to be a ninja?" The man mocked.

Naruto may be the lesser brains of the team but he quickly figured out who the man was talking about.

"Hey! Don't speak about him like that, it's not his fault he's got a duck's butt for a haircut" Naruto defended, pointing a finger at the man.

Multiple loud smacks were heard around the room.

The blonde looked around to see his two teammates, his sensei, his old sensei and the Hokage facepalming.

"Eh?" Confusion fumbled the boy's mind.

"He's talking about you. Baka!" Sakura growled, rubbing her red forehead.

Sasuke simply shifted his glared at him.

Realisation crossed Naruto's face as he turned back to the man known as Tazuna in anger.

"How'd someone like you become a ninja? I'll surely come back to my granddaughter in a casket with you as my guard!" Tazuna mocked and laughed.

"And I'll be the one to put you in a casket." Naruto muttered darkly, losing control of his emotions as he lunged for the bridge builder only to be caught by the collar and thrown back against the Hokage's desk. His head hit the corner, opening a small wound as a light amount of blood dripped down his eyebrow.

Kakashi had noticed quite the change in the young blonde. Since his first kill, his emotions have taken a sensitive change though the Jounin had trained Naruto to hide that, he still had a ways to go, unfortunately.

"Hn!" Iruka, startled, shot up from his chair. "What the hell are you thinking?!  That was way overboard" he yelled at Kakashi, waving his hand in the air for more dramatic effect, as the copy-nin would call it.

The bridge builder kept his attention on his bottle and in deep thoughts whilst Sasuke and Sakura were on guard and took a step away from their Sensei, knowing how frightening he became when it came to discipline.

The Hokage kept his eyes on everyone in the room, his guard up but unnoticeable to anyone but Kakashi.

The man knew what kind of training the kids went through with their Sensei so he wasn't all too worried.