Part 41

Naruto huffed and puffed as sweat dripped down his forehead. 

He bit his lip in frustration as his eyes narrowed on the craters in the ground and broken trees littering the field. He hadn't meant to destroy so much of the landscape but he felt a strong need to keep going after the first successful rasengan. 

Naruto grumbled at himself and lowered to his knee. He took a deep breath and tried a jutsu he'd only ever read about but the blonde genin wanted to try it to somehow undo his destruction.

"Mokuton Risutoa no jutsu!" Naruto's palms became sweaty as he placed them on the ground. The blonde concentrated heavily as sweat dripped all over him.

His breathing became heavy as he felt his chakra try to work to a wood style jutsu.

The blonde glared down at the ground and almost laughed as a small bud began to grow but his victory was celebrated too soon as the bud started to die quickly again.

He furrowed his brows and was about to push more chakra into his jutsu when a heavy force suddenly knocked him back against a sturdy tree.

Naruto coughed as the wind got knocked out of him, he hadn't even sensed another presence as he was too focused on the jutsu.

The genin cursed himself for allowing his guard to drop but that thought vanished from his mind as he glanced down at his arms. The boy hadn't noticed before but small red blots appeared on his arms and as he concentrated on them he realized they were slowly growing.

The genin slowly began to panic as he didn't know how to stop the color from spreading and it was only then that he noticed the slow pain spreading up his arms.

"Calm down, Naruto"

Naruto looked up with fear in his eyes as he'd forgotten about the force that kicked him. He relaxed slightly as he realised Jiraiya and Tsunade were standing in front of him but the pain in his arms wouldn't let him forget about the red blots.

"Baka. Don't you know it's dangerous to practise chakra elements that you dont naturally have? At such a young age, you shouldn't even know about this kind of stuff" Tsunade scolded harshly as she glared down at the genin.

Jiraiya simply stared down at him with crossed arms and a look of disappointment on his features.

Not that Naruto cared about their opinions but he couldnt stop the hurt in his heart as the two Sannin stared down at him whilst the after effects of jutsu still spread across his body.

"Tch" Tsunade clicked her tongue before kneeling down to the silent boy and began healing his arms.

Naruto simply looked down in shame. In his mind, he wanted to try something new but instead - he was rejected...again.

Jiraiya recognized the boy's emotions as it played across his face, albeit minuscule, but chose to say nothing as the genin had to realise how dangerous his actions were.

Yet Jiraiya felt almost empty as he let the boy suffer from his own destructive thoughts.

The Sannin sighed, opening and closing his mouth to say something but couldnt form any words. Instead, he turned away from the two and surveyed the damage the blonde had done with the rasengan.

To say he was surprised would be an understatement. It took the kid just less than a week to master the jutsu and win the bet against Tsunade - though she's yet to mention anything.

His eyes narrowed down at the ground where Naruto had been before he kicked him away to stop the jutsu. It was a good thing he convinced Tsunade to check up on the genin's progress otherwise the Sannin would've been forced to stop the red blots from spreading another way.