Part 23

An eerie silence consumed everyone's thoughts as they waited for Ibiki to say something. The interrogator smirked at their hesitance but decided to get on with it as they've wasted enough time.

"I see. I admire your determination, nothing else" Ibiki stated to the class, a new found respect held especially for the blonde genin. It seems team 7 would become a great asset to the village. The stories he heard did them justice as he now saw for himself how good they are but also conniving. Ibiki didn't miss the look Naruto threw to his teammate Sasuke Uchiha who looked far too pleased with just passing an exam. There was a hidden meaning behind their look and Ibiki soon realized what that was as the raven-haired genin looked around the room at all the participants and smirked with an evil glint in his eye.

'So that whole speech Naruto gave was just so that they could have more people to fight later on. This team...' Ibiki thought to himself in all seriousness. He couldn't tell if what they did was a good or a bad thing. It showed many faults in their values and morals but it also showed strength. Strength he knew they had and earned.

"For those of you remaining, there's only one thing left to do and that's for me to tell you that you've all passed the first exam" Ibiki said loudly with a small smirk.

All the proctors watched in amusement as the classroom sat silently in bewilderment and some in anger.

"What?!" Ino screeched and abruptly stood up as she fiercely glared at the higher up.

'She's either stupid or just blind for talking to Ibiki like that' Sakura thought with a sigh as she leaned into the palm of her hand.

"Sit down." Ibiki growled as Sakura suspected, not taking the disrespect lightly. Ino seemed taken aback, a small drop of sweat rolled down her temple as she slowly sat back down, the killing intent Ibiki released almost knocking her off her feet.

The rest of the class sat stiffly at the intent still leaking from the proctor, all except team 7.

Naruto scoffed softly, going unheard. Kakashi releasing his killing intent around the genin really toughened them up to other ninja's intent. Something clearly noticed by Ibiki and the side proctors.

Ibiki narrowed his eyes at the three and wondered what kind of training Kakashi put them through.

"So, what you're telling us is that the other nine questions didn't mean anything?" Kiba barked out in anger.

"No, the other nine served a very important purpose" Ibiki stated "it was to test how you would strategically gather information under the most adverse circumstances" he added.

Only a few seemed to understand his words while the rest looked around, confused.

Ibiki heaved a sigh, realizing this exam was more effort than he originally thought it would be.

"Let me explain. My objective was not to test your knowledge, but your ability to work as a team and how you all functioned as a part of that team...That's why the test was scored on a team basis, so you all know what you did, or failed to do, would reflect how you functioned as a team player" Ibiki explained, watching everyone carefully.

'Fat load of good that did. No one worked as a team' Naruto thought to himself and inwardly smirked, knowing Kakashi-sensei wouldn't find out about them not working together for once.