Part 52

It had been two days. Two days since team 7 truly broke apart with no reassurance of meeting up throughout the years or even if the others were still alive.

The Uzumaki and Uchiha sat in silence within the forest. Not a sound was heard around them but they could at least rest somewhat easy tonight as Naruto had placed seals miles out of their small camp so that they had a chance to run if the Sannin came for them.

Though, when no sign of the Sannin came, worry began to settle in as they feared the snake had gone for Sakura instead but a small hint of hope brewed in their hearts that maybe their sensei had defeated the Sannin.

There was no telling now though.

Naruto stared into the dimly lit fire with an empty expression. The team was all he had. It was his family. His clan.

Nevertheless, all the Jinjuuriki could focus on now was training. Training to become stronger and protect those precious to him.

Naruto's dull blue eyes painfully shifted away from the fire's light and over to the Uchiha across from him. He squinted his eyes to adjust quicker to the light change and noticed Sasuke had been staring into the fire as well.

The blonde stared at his brother for a moment, his mind blank but his heart overflowing with untold emotions.

"Keep staring at me like that and I'll knock you out" Sasuke muttered suddenly, though his voice held no intention on following through with his threat.

Naruto narrowed his eyes at him "A bit dramatic, don't you think?"

Sasuke looked up from the fire, directly into Naruto's blue eyes and it made him slightly jealous of the Uchiha's eyes that didn't need time to adjust.

"No" Sasuke stated before his eyes went back to the fire.

Naruto subtly rolled his eyes "We should talk about your Sharingan" The blonde instigated the conversation neither of them wanted to address because of the trauma behind obtaining the eyes.

"No. We shouldn't" Sasuke stated as he glared into the fire.

"Ke, stop staring into the fire. Your eyes need time to heal and I doubt a hot light will help it" Naruto ordered, taking his natural role of leadership. Only... The Uchiha completely ignored him and continued staring into the fire.

Heaving out a large sigh, Naruto stood up and walked around the fire toward Sasuke. The Uchiha immediately noticed his disappearance but still didn't move as he could see the blonde moving in his peripheral vision.

Suddenly, Sasuke's eyes widened as Naruto gripped onto the back of his collar and pulled back harshly, throwing him against a nearby tree.

"Hn" Sasuke grunted upon impact and glared fiercely at the blonde.

"What are you doing?" He snapped, his Sharingan instantly coming to life.

Naruto stared into the three tomoes of the Sharingan with an intense gaze "We need to talk" he muttered calmly.

Sasuke shook his shoulder harshly, as his shirt was ruffled, which only slightly fixed it.

"What's there to talk about?"

Naruto almost grinned at finally making some leeway with his brother. It'd only taken two days.

"The Sharingan. You obtained the Eternal Mangekou" Naruto revealed as though the Uchiha hadn't known the fact.

"So what?" Sasuke muttered, looking anywhere but at the jinjuuriki.

Naruto gave him an incredulous stare "So what? Just how much did what happened affect you, Ke? For it to unlock that Sharingan..." Naruto trailed off. His eyes trailing to the side as well.