Part 13

"Sakura!" A disgruntled voice called from the shadows of hidden foliage behind the shaking girl.

She turned her head slightly but kept a defensive stance, her eyes steely cold as she glared at the corpse before her. She spun a kunai around her finger before concealing it.

A thud sounded behind her "Sakura.." The troubled voice spoke. Sakura spun around and threw the concealed kunai at the individual who swiftly blocked her kunai with his own.

"Sakura! Focus" Sasuke said sternly, eyes glaring with a frosty scowl that stopped her in her step.

"Sasuke.." Sakura whimpered, feeling the horror of the situation drop onto her like a bag of rocks. An eerily silent chill covered the area, only Sasuke and Sakura's breathing to be heard. 

Their mission had gone horribly wrong. Kakashi had taken them to collect a scroll for the intelligence and interrogation division since the scroll hadn't been important enough for the actual specialists to do it.

The mission was miscalculated and instead of genin attacking, a team of Chuunin along with one jounin opposed them. The group was from Iwagakure and apparently, the scroll was fairly important to their Village, though team 7 didn't have a chance to ask as the enemy had instantly attacked on sight. It was strange for the rock ninja to be this far from their border, one could almost see it as an act of war but from the slashes crossed over their headbands, it seemed they were traitors.

Kakashi had gone off to fight the jounin whom he learned was an earth user and easily deflected his lightning attacks. Luckily for Kakashi and unluckily for the enemy, he was dealing with Kakashi of the Sharingan, who had copied over a thousand jutsu's so fighting the man with a different elemental base was easier for him than most.

The genin were left to combat the Chuunin. The three higher-ups were specialists in genjutsu, taijutsu, and kenjutsu.
They sprinted away from the Jounin's fight to avoid crossfire and began their own battle.

Naruto immediately created two dozen bunshin clones and charged toward the genjutsu user, the boy appeared to be the weakest of his teammates. His spiky mud-colored hair waved in the wind as he stared the young genin down, hoping to discourage him. Sasuke cast demonic illusions over the other two to keep them busy for a while as they dealt with the weaker link.
Sasuke flanked the blonde and hid in between the clones, using a henge to disguise himself as a clone. The taijutsu specialist swooped in and struck the clones with fierce accuracy, taking them down one by one. He had easily dispatched from the genjutsu.

The clones were quick to learn and stayed far away from the secondary target as individuals. The orange parade thought as one and attacked as soon as the real Naruto had given the signal to Sasuke so that the boy could creep up behind the target.

Sasuke received the signal and immediately changed course to head for the rear of the taijutsu specialist.
He snuck up behind him as the Naruto clones distracted his front. Sasuke signaled the clones to back off, which they did, and kicked the ground from under his feet. The boy, taken by surprise, fell backward giving the genin the opening he so carefully calculated.

The Uchiha had been swift to deliver a lethal blow to the brown long haired boys throat, blocking his airways whilst Sakura snuck up behind the genjutsu user who had been intently watching Naruto's movements as the blonde stood aside watching him and his teammates. Sakura surveyed her unknown opponent carefully. The brown spiky haired boy had perfectly performed a painful genjutsu on Naruto, having lost patience waiting for the blonde to attack. bringing him into a world of agony, his limbs were slowly being torn from his sockets as he screamed for help but was unanswered in the cold deserted universe. His clones dispersed in reality and Sakura knew if she didn't do something soon, Naruto could experience brain damage or trauma.