♡ Hunter's Reply Entry #2 ♡

Dedication: Snowflake_xo hey love, I know you're still on the first book, but thank you so much for everything! ♡ You made my weekend! You make me laugh, smile, blush when you're being sweet, and you inspire me! :) x

Reply Entry #2

Dear Hazel,

First, can we just talk about the fact you give objects a gender? That's pretty strange, but strange makes you different, right? I like different.

Plus, I talk to my stomach sometimes.

That's going way off subject though, so let's change it before this gets weird. Damn, I'm too late, aren't I?

I like Music too. I don't know of this 'Mayday Parade' that you love so much, but I'll look them up sometimes, promise. Oh, and you just ruined my childhood! Now Barney is nothing but a tarnished memory because of you. But I guess it's my fault for reading your diary in the first place.

Which, I am so sorry. I know it doesn't make up for anything but it was just there, okay? I'm a guy, what more could you expect?

Great, now I sound like an asshole :( I just want you to know that I'm not usually one to invade people's privacy. It was like I was drawn to your diary the moment it fell off that damn shelf.

Blame my clumsiness if you want.

So. Maleficent and Ken? You've got me curious as to who these people are. I can't believe they're sneaking around like that too! I hope they tell - or told - the person close to them (Romeo?) what they're doing. I'm sure he'd understand if they explained things. It's not my place to judge though. 

Good detective work though! (Ish, we can just pretend. Kidding!) Is it bad that I do want to read more about this Maleficent and Ken thing?

Oh, one last thing: Suuure, you totally weren't staring at this 'Romeo' guy for long or anything. Nope. Nada. Of course not. Because staring at a guy without his knowledge is COMPLETELY normal!

Bye,

Prince Charming

P.S. Can I also write just how much you make me laugh? I've never been much of a poet, but I could write one about you. And I've only read two entries. What are you doing to me, Hazel. B?

P.P.S. Why do you need good luck when it comes to your dad?

Sighing, I reach down beside my bed and put the notebook in my bag, before lying back down under my new crimson duvet. Who is he? I don't know if I even want to know. If I did find out who wrote this book for me, what would I even do?

I'm kind of speechless right now, because how do I react to a letter from a random guy I don't know? Yes, I admit he made me smile more in this one letter than I have the last three months, but I have no freaking idea who he is. He could be a stalker for all I know!

Anyone ever heard of stranger danger before? 

Exactly. 

Thankfully, ignoring the situation at hand won't be as hard as I originally worried it would be, because a knock sounds at my bedroom door.

"Come in!" I call out softly, wondering who wants to talk at - I look at my phone for confirmation - eleven at night?

Sitting up to get comfortable, I smile when I see who walks in, "Hey, H, what's my favourite niece up to?"

"Don't let Ivy hear you say that, she might have a tantrum," I tease, earning a laugh from Uncle Willow as he sits down next to me, "But yeah, I'm not doing much, just some- uh, homework?" Watching him shake his head at my obvious lie, I redden, "What's my favourite Uncle doing, then?"

Nice, Hazel, focus the conversation onto him, you sly teenager.

Uncle runs a hand through his dirty blonde hair before sighing, but not after letting a light laugh out, "Not much really, just busy with work and thought I should come see how you're doing?" I notice the grimace on his face, and quickly look away.

"I'm fine," Grumbling my answer, my eyes reach the chipped black polish on my fingernails. I should really get around to putting a fresh coat on.

"Hazel." Uncle Will put his arm around me, and I took comfort in his hold, "You know you always have me to talk to, right? What your Dad did was disgusting, and I'm sure you're not fine. You can't keep bottling it up like before. He's gone now, in Rehab as you requested."

Closing my eyes at the mention of my Father, I make sure to even my breathing when it begins to fluctuate.

He's right. 

"Thank you, but really, I'm fine." Gulping, I put on a smile and open my eyes to present it to Uncle Willow, "No need to worry about me, though I do appreciate it."

Obviously realising what I'm doing, Uncle huffs - like the mature adult he totally is - and stands from the bed, "Look, if you don't want to talk about it right now, then you know that I understand. But you have to talk eventually, to someone. Otherwise, it will eat you up inside."

Refusing to reply, I just hum, and pretend to be busy doing something on my phone. I'm a teenager, it's the best disguise we can use - social media. In more ways that one.

Technology is pretty much this generation's drug, you know? It's ridiculous, yet I'm part of the machine that creates it.

"I just want my niece back." I force myself to not look at him when I hear that statement that's laced with remorse, with loss. Because, I'm here. I never left, I'm not dead for Christ's sake. He needs to stop acting like I am, "I'll just see myself out then."

"Okay." I whisper softly, not really wanting my only real family to walk out the door - physically speaking, "See you sometime soon?"

The pause in the air doesn't go unnoticed before his reply, "Sure."

And it's then that I realise that I'm the one who forced him to walk out the door. 

Metaphorically speaking.

* * *

Damn, that was sad, huh? XD Oh well.

At least I'm updating quickly since it's the weekend? No, too soon? Okay :3

I wish I had an uncle like Willow Pillow >.< HAZEL NEEDS TO SORT HER SHIZZLE.

Anyway, can I just thank you real quick for over 300 reads already within two days? How are you guys so amazing? Damn! THANK YOU, I LOVE YOU ALL WITH ALL MY HEART BABES OKAY IT'S LATE, I'M SORRY O.O

QOTC: Is there anyone who still ships Trenzel? xD

MA: I sure as hell don't. Hell to the no -.- That poodle ruined my precious Hazel's innocence! *binges on Pizza and coke*

QOTC #2: What's your favourite song(s) right now?

MA: How could you even ask such a thing? *gasps* HOW CAN YOU MAKE ME CHOOSE LIKE THIS, CHLOE? *sighs* I guess if I have to... Mine are: Colors - Halsey, Tear In My Heart - Twenty One Pilots, Trouble - Halsey, Heavydirtysoul - Twenty One Pilots, New Perspective - Panic! At The Disco, oh and, Not Today - Twenty One Pilots

- Chloe xx