♡ Hunter's Reply Entry #22 ♡

|| Trent at the top! Damn, he's good looking ||

Dedication: Queen_of_myth thank you for your support on this book x

"I bet it is." Someone replies but it's not my mouth the words come out of.

"Come on, Man, I'm just apologising to your girl here." Trent gestures towards me and I nod frantically, sending Hunter a pleading look. A skeptical expression takes over his previously angry one as he assesses Trent.

"Why would you randomly grow a conscience now?" Hunter's eyebrow quirks mockingly, almost as if he's trying to make Trent angry.

But instead of Trent glowing up about his remark, he just shrugs with an amused smirk, "Honestly?" He asks and Hunter nods slowly, unseemly, "Your sister has helped me a lot."

At his words, my moth drops open in astonishment and so does Hunter's.

Realising how stupid we must look, I quickly shut my mouth and shake my head while looking questionably at Trent, "She hates me, why would she want you to apologise?"

"You're right." I raise both of my eyebrows at his answer, shifting my gaze to an equally confused Hunter, before refocusing on Trent.

He laughs a little before continuing. "You're not her favourite person in the world. But in saying that, she realises that Hunter cares for you deeply, so she wants to try and make things right."

Tilting my head, I ask the obvious question, "And how exactly do you fit into this?"

Trent shrugs before shaking his head, dirty blonde hair falling just above his hazel eyes, "You've got me there. I really don't know." Grinning once more, he taps my shoulder, "Well, I better get going, the bell went quite a while ago."

"Alright, see you." I say softly with a smile as he starts his way towards class. I like this side of Trent, he really does seem genuine.

Before he passes Hunter - who is expressing his suspicion openly - he stops, placing a hand on his shoulder. He leans closer and says something quietly that I don't catch. But whatever he uttered doesn't seem to be offensive. Hunter looks shocked more than anything, and I can't help but wonder what Trent said to him.

As soon as Trent's out of sight, I sigh contently and rush to Hunter, throwing my arms around his neck in a tight hug.

"I missed you." I whisper in his ear before laying my face against his warm neck. Damn, why does he always smell so amazing? He intoxicates me, he's my addiction. I feel his strong arms wrap around my waist, hands splayed across my back, keeping my body against his.

"I miss you whenever I'm without you." He murmurs into my brunette hair, emotion lacing his tone as he grips my waist tighter, "I don't care if it's been a day, I'll always miss being with you. You're the greatest thing that's ever happened to me, Hazel, I never want to let you go. Not unless that's something you ever want."

Closing my eyes, I breath him in. I relish how truly loved I feel in this moment. In any moment that I'm with him. Because whenever I'm with him, I actually love being alive, being me. Even with everything that's happened in the past two years.

"Never."

I don't care that we're almost half an hour late to class. I don't care that Hunter never knew I existed until this year. I don't care that we barely get time alone because Liam is always hovering around. I don't care that Tess isn't my best friend anymore.

Because the one person who makes me genuinely happy is holding me in his arms. He's my safe haven, the person I trust with my life. 

He's the love of my life. And all I can hope is that it stays that way.

-

Reply Entry #22

Dear Hazel,

Holy crap. He actually hit you? TWICE? 

I just - I'm so freaking angry. I don't freaking care if I don't 'know' you or you sadistic father. I know that slapping and punching your own daughter (or any female) is downright not okay. It's illegal!

Jesus, I don't even know how to handle this. Well, I guess I kind of already took my anger out on something.

I have a confession: I punched my bedroom wall after I read your entry, that's how pissed I am.

It's so wrong to direct any violence to your family, especially your daughter. I sure hope he gets what he deserves and gets locked up for life. He can't touch you like that, he just can't.

God Hazel, I hope you're okay now when you're reading this. If you're reading this. I hope that lowlife hasn't done anything permanent to you.

You're too precious, too beautiful and kind for something so horrible to happen to you. 

It's not fair! Ugh, why is society so freaking messed up?

Has the alcohol drowned out all of his paternal instincts? Because you'd think he would realise at some point that you're his daughter and that the way he treats you is wrong. But that thought, that sort of humanity, doesn't seem to be within his reach.

I hope and pray - as always when it comes to you - that he realises soon. Before anything else happens.

Right now, him and Trent are being assholes who amount to nothing. And I want you to know that what they're doing to you, how they're treating you, isn't your fault in any way.

You haven't done anything wrong. They're at fault and you'd be so much better off without them in your life. But I know that it's not easy to just cut people out of your life. Especially when you love them, or you're related to them.

I wish there was a simple solution to all of this, but when is there ever? Life is hard and loves to throw obstacles onto your path to test if you fall or climb over them.

So please, stay strong, it'll get better.

Bye,

Prince Charming xo

* * *

Hola mis amigos <3

This chapter expresses varying emotions, huh? 

At the start, you're worried about Hunter's reaction, then you're unsure and confused, then you're kind of suspicious but content, then you're happy - for Hunzel, then worried again because you're scared about what might happen in the future since the truth about Hunter being PC is bound to come out, then you're sad and angry about the reply entry when being reminded about Arvid hitting his daughter (our special Hazel). But we're also 'awwing' over how much Hunter worries and cares.

Like, can we have a Hunter of our own? I wish.

GUESS WHAT! ONLY 8 CHAPTERS LEFT WHAT D:

QOTC: Makeup or no makeup?

MA: Both <3

- Chloe x