♡ Hunter's Reply Entry #30 ♡

|| IMPORTANT: I updated the other day so make sure you've caught up before reading this :) || Uncle Willow up the top! ||

Reply Entry #30

Dear Hazel,

Alright. First; I'm not writing this straight away, it's been... Three hours since I read your horrific diary entry. Your last diary entry.

I want you to know that it seriously tore me up, God, it still does just thinking about what happened. Just the thought of what your own father did to you - how could he? That's sick, I can't even imagine how you must feel. Sorry if it's been a while since the incident and my reply is bringing back unwanted memories, but I have things to say.

I have something to tell you-

"Hazel? You in here?" I slam the white notebook closed, startled by my uncle's voice. Quickly, I shove the notebook under my pillow and call Uncle Willow inside. He pushes my wooden door open, strolling in with a lazy grin attached to his stupidly flawless face. "I knocked but no one answered. I still have the key you gave me for emergencies."

I frown, wondering how Ivy didn't hear the door - then again, neither did I.

"Didn't Ivy answer?" I watch as Uncle Will's eyebrows furrow as he places himself on the bed next to me, where Hunter was only forty minutes ago.

"No, I don't think she's home."

Weird. I thought she'd tell me if she was leaving.

"Oh, okay. So, how have you been?" I ask, observing how he has cut his boyishly-long hair shorter. "Nice haircut. I miss your girly hair though."

He grins, pinching my shoulder lightly, before running a hand through his hair. "Shut up, Missy." He laughs, "I've been okay, how are you? You sounded upset on the phone." His tender, familial eyes bore into mine with concern. His caring nature makes me want to burst into tears.

"I shouldn't have pushed you away months ago, I'm so sorry." Sadly, I know that an apology doesn't mean much, but I just want him to know how sincere I am. 

Uncle Will scoots closer with an "Aw."

"It's okay, I understand that you've been through a lot. It's natural to not want people to see how broken you are. But you have to understand something, Hazel. You're my family, I love you as if you were my own sister. I'm here to stay and I would never, ever, hurt you. All you have to do is call." Uncle wraps an arm around my shoulder and squeezes me closer to him, "Family. No matter what."

Leaning my pounding head on his shoulder, I close my eyes, "Thank you. That means a lot to me considering you and Ivy are practically the only family I have."

"I know, I'm sorry... Has your mum been home much?" His question sounds hesitant and I wonder if he thinks I'll break down - probably likely.

"Nope, she's barely ever here. If she is, then she avoids us if she can." If my eyes were open, they'd be rolling.

"She blames herself for what happened. However, that doesn't excuse her actions."

Sighing, my eyes flutter and focus on a photo on my dresser of us all. It was taken a few years ago, our whole faces smiling with love. I guess things really do eventually fade out. I just wish everything could go back to how it was in that photo - when I was well and truly happy with the support of my family behind me. Now, my dad's a violent alcoholic in rehab, my mum is barely home, and the support I thought I had with Hunter was a lie.