♡ Hunter's Reply Entry #29 ♡

|| Second to last chapter D: ||

Closing my eyes, I rest on my comfortable, luxurious, silky- Okay, let's be real, my bed is so damn uncomfortable that I'd rather sleep on wood. I'm not rich, I don't have rich parents and I don't have a rich husband. Technically, I'm not old enough to marry anyway.

And I love not being rich.

I mean, sure, it has its disadvantages. But I'd rather take those disadvantages over being rich. I don't want to be spoilt, ill-mannered, cruel, selfish, and manipulative - No way. Although I'm not saying that all wealthy people are like this, because I know that real life isn't so stereotypical, but quite a few of them are and usually, these attributes grow as the wealthy person grows. It's a lifestyle. But I guess it depends on what kind of money you come from, I suppose.

Then, of course, there are those people who aren't rich that have all those bad qualities about them - Veronica, Tess, Hunter's Dad, Trent's Dad, and Trent's Grandmother.

"Hey, Haze." My sister walks into my dull bedroom, quirking a small smile. She's changed out of her 'school' clothes into a more flowy, comfortable outfit. Grey, loose shorts cling to her hips and an oversized, woollen jumper covers her top half. I can't help the smile that slips onto my face at seeing her so carefree. She's growing into such a beautiful, wonderful girl. I'm actually surprised she hasn't gotten a boyfriend yet. "Hunter's here."

Oh.

"As in..."

"As in, he's in this house, yes." Ivy giggles and my eyes widen. I see her green eyes roll at my reaction, "You two need to talk. Get over it. It's been two days since you two last saw each other."

Flinching, I nod my head, "Okay, let him in." I draw in a deep breath and sit up, hoping - no, praying - that Liam is with him. I'm just not ready to talk about everything yet.

In walks the most beautiful human to exist; Hunter Ryan. Without Liam. I inwardly sigh, trying not to look too upset about being forced to talk to him right now. Don't get me wrong, I love seeing him, but I don't want to talk about the diary and him lying to me for six months. Not because I want to sweep it under the rug, no. It's because I want to ignore everybody for a while and pretend nothing is wrong.

As you can tell - I hate confrontation. The only person I ever truly confronted that was important to me was my dad, and look how that turned out. Not that I think Hunter will hit me (not in a million years) but this conversation might end with some pretty large emotional wounds.

Hunter wears an expression of hesitancy and guilt on his pale face as he continues to take timid steps closer until he's awkwardly standing in front of me, "Can I- uh... please sit on the bed?"

I smile, trying to reassure him - and myself - and I'm eternally grateful when he relaxes a bit, "Sure."

He grins haphazardly, walking around the bed and sitting down next to me, back against the headboard.

"Have you been okay since the whole Veronica situation a couple days ago?" Hunter asks. His hand twitches out of the corner of my eye, and for a moment, I think he's going to reach out and entwine his fingers with mine... But, he doesn't.

Coughing to ease the tension, I force out a chuckle, "Yeah. How about you?"

"I'm alright- Actually no, I'm not. At all." He speaks with an irritated intensity, causing my back to straighten and body turn towards him. My surprised green eyes can't seem to look away from his pale, ferocious ones.

"You're not?" A breath catches in my throat, not realising how close we are until Hunter closes his green eyes, resting his forehead against mine. His soft, breathy answer comes out, floating over my lips which are very close to his right now.