♡ Hunter's Reply Entry #25 ♡

|| Veronica's messages are in italics (Example: Veronica), and Hazel's are in bold AND italics (Example: Hazel) ||

Veronica: Hey, want to see something? I think you'll find it... Interesting 😼

I roll my eyes, before replying.

Me: I doubt I will.

How did she even get my number? I don't remember giving it to her. I barely talk to her. I barely like her.

My phone buzzes again, making me groan as I bring the bright screen up to my face, squinting.

Veronica: Oh, I think you definitely will.

Just as I go to reply something equally as snarky, another message comes through.

Veronica: *Video Attachment* Here, Sweetie xo

Rolling my eyes, I click on the attachment and wait while it buffers.

What video could she possibly send me that she thinks I'm interested in? This is a new level of bullying and I just hope to God it isn't porn or something. 

Because I heard my mum's car come in the driveway a couple minutes ago, and my cell phone's on full volume.

No, thank you, sir.

The buffering circle finally disappears and video content replaces it. Instantly sitting up, my eyebrows draw together as Liam and Hunter come into the camera's view. It's a weird shooting angle, and at first, I had to tilt my head to make out the image of my boyfriend and best friend. The camera is videoing through the crack in Hunter's bedroom door and zooms up onto him and Liam sitting on his bed, seemingly just talking. But the video keeps cutting ahead. I assume it's because she was videoing for quite a while and cut out the bits that weren't important. 

Now I'm just confused as to why Veronica creepily stalked the boys to send me a video of them talking about how life was six months ago. 

"It was so funny really. I was secretly having a thing with your sister, Hazel found out and we became friends. Then suddenly you were asking me about her - actually, how did you even know I was friends with her? You were acting really strange and never told me why." Liam asks Hunter, giving him his full attention by turning to face him. I tune in properly now, curious about the topic of their conversation.

Even if I feel guilty for watching a stalking video.

Hunter doesn't answer Liam, looking down at his lap as he - adorably - scratches the back of his neck.

"Now that I think about it, how did you even find out about her? I never told you. It was so sudden. You just out of the blue started trying to be her friend when clearly she wanted nothing to do with you." I laugh at that, silently clapping at Liam's remark. But honestly? I've always wondered about the random attention too.

"Well, ah- Shit, I guess I should just tell you." Hunter laughs sheepishly, causing Liam's eyebrows to raise. "But you have to promise not to tell Hazel, she'll find out soon enough. I just want to be the one to tell her - in a manner of speaking."

My eyebrows join Liam's, raising at the fact that Hunter is keeping something from me. Secrets make my stomach churn.

"I don't agree with lying but I promise since she's going to find out soon anyway."

"Thanks, Bro, I appreciate that." He coughs, rubbing his neck again. Damn, he seems to be really nervous. Now I'm scared at what it could be.

"Come on, man, spit it out. I'm hungry." Liam pushes at Hunter's shoulder, making me giggle again.