Chapter Seven

Dominic's P.O.V

I woke up with a weight on me. I looked down to see Mercades in a deep, peaceful sleep on my chest and smiled at the sight. Last night was the happiest I had been in a while. We had taken the subway, which hadn't been as bad as my first experience except the smell. Then came in an watched another sappy rom-com and ordered pizza. We spoke for hours, which I hadn't done in a long time with someone. She told me about her childhood and how her mother had passed away.

I decided to share a bit about myself as well, without letting too much out. I had told her about my step mother destroying my parents marriage and how I had grown up living in hotels or temporary places.

It felt freeing to let someone know about me, even though it wasn't the full story. I refused to let her know the bad parts, even though I felt safe enough with her to share them. But I just couldn't tell her what I had done, it broke me even thinking about it.

"Sadi." I groaned as she snuggles into my neck.

"Morning." She smiled as she looked up at me.

"Come here." I commanded and pushed her up towards me by placing a hand on her ass.

She was now face to face with me, with her legs intertwined with mine. I had to admit she looked undeniably gorgeous in the morning, despite her hair being messy and her make up smudged.

I moved a piece of loose hair from her forehead and continued to tickle her arm softly. She moved her hand to my face and ran a nail gently around my hairline at the front. I smiled as we stared into each other's eyes, then moved my head closer towards hers. She tilted her head slightly as I went in for a kiss and when our lips touched the same butterflies floated back into my stomach.

The kiss was slow and passionate, which we both enjoyed. I moved her so she was now on top of me with her arms placed either side as I stroked her back. She smiled against my lips as I did hers, resulting in the kiss stopping. Then she began to giggle and hide her face in the crook of my neck.

"Hmm, you should stay round every night." I told her.

"Why's that?" She whispered in my ear.

"So I can wake up to that every morning." I smiled as I remembered our kiss.

She wiggled on top of me as she giggled once again. And I wrapped my arms around her as she did so. She responded in wrapping her arms around my neck and snuggling into me, which I didn't have one complaint about.

"Stay tonight?" I asked her.

"I'll think about it." She laughed.

"Please." I begged.

She didn't say a word back, just continued to hug me.

I needed her here with me. She made me feel at peace, which I hadn't felt in a long time. I felt happy with her around and she managed to change my mood in an instant. It was weird to me feeling like this, especially as I hadn't known the girl for long at all.

I heard a door click and our heads shot up.

"Dominic." A man shouted.

"Oh fuck." I panicked.

"There you are." He glared as he stormed into my room.

Mercades stayed on top of me, hugging me tighter in fear of the stranger.

"Hi dad..." I said with a wary smile.

"Don't hi dad me." He spat. "I told you I find out everything Dominic. I'm not an idiot. I know what you said to Amanda yesterday, did you really believe you was going to get away with it?"