Chapter Seventeen.

Mercedes P.O.V

(3 months later)

I turned the page to my book quickly as I was desperate to get to the next one. This book was knew and I had only just started it, the name was The street lawyer, by John Grimshaw. I couldn't seem to put it down as I continued to flip the pages. My break had started twenty minutes ago and even since then all I had done was walked to the café, bought a coffee and started reading.

"Yeah, I've just started my break." I heard someone say, which managed to take me away from the book.

I peered over my book, trying not to make it obvious I was looking. The guy wore an expensive black suit, with shoes that looked like he'd be pissed if anyone ever stepped on them. He turned his head towards the door and I gasped as he did. He noticed me and with his green eyes he stared into mine. A smile started to make its way to my lips, the same for him.

"Sadie." He smiled, and picked up his order with his phone to his ear. "I'll call you back." He said to the person on the phone.

"Wow, I haven't seen you in months.." I trailed off, still shocked.

"I know. You look gorgeous.." He complimented me as he sat at my table.

"You don't look too bad yourself." I gestured to his suit and tie. "Are you on your way to an event?"

"No." He chuckled."I'm on my lunch break."

"Oh, where are you volunteering?" I asked with a smile. 

"I'm not.. I got a job." He laughed.

Before I could stop them, my mouth was open and my eyes wide as they stared at his. He laughed at my reaction and I felt embarrassed because how rude I must have sounded, but this was Dominic so I don't think I could be blamed.

"I'm sorry, I just never expected that." I apologised.

"It's fine." He said. "My mom literally cheered when she found out. I mean I had enough time to order a hotdog, that's how long."

I laughed as did he at his mothers reaction. For another thirty minutes or so we laughed and joked with each other, also caught up in what we had missed. He told me how finance was like his calling and he guessed it ran in the jeans, whilst I told him about my new job with a small publishing company.

I never realised how much I had missed his company until now. Just looking into his emerald eyes brought back so many memories, the day at the park, the rooftop and the one that stood out was that night he came to mine.

"Katy told me about that night." I blurted out as he was talking.

"Nice to know.." He replied. "Look, it was a mistake coming that night. I mean you was with that guy anyway, she shouldn't have told you."

"So you're saying I didn't deserve to know?" I raised a brow, my temper rising.

"No. I'm saying you didn't deserve to be messed around. You was moving on and I shouldn't have tried to jeopardise that." He explained.

"So everything you said, was that also a mistake?" I asked, fearing the answer.

"Yeah, I guess.. Did she tell you what I said?" He questioned.