Prologue

Zayn's POV

I just sat there and looked out the window of my new home. My six year old self was too confused to understand why I had to move so much. Me and my older sister, Doniya, were always moving. Aunts to uncles from grandparents to neighbors. She handled it better than I did because I just didn't understand. So I just stayed quiet and didn't ask or see what was going on.

"Zayn Javaad, do you want to come downstairs for dinner?" My grandmother from my dad's side of the family asked. I shook my head without even looking away from the the window. She came over and kissed my cheek before leaving me alone to my thoughts. Those weren't really much because I didn't understand what was going on so I didn't even try to.

A few raindrops hit the window in a soft rhythm. I reached a finger up to trace it's movements. More and more continued to fall, but instead of tracing them, I just let my ears fill with the soft sounds coming from them. My fingers moved along in a rhythm matching the raindrops on my little legs that were covered by a pair of blue jeans I had out grown a few months back. I didn't care about that though. I just listened to the sounds coming from the rain. Just like the way the drops slid down my window, my confusion slid away. I was comforted by the beat given to me and the way my fingers always seemed to move to any rhythm given to my ears. It was nice to feel this way. It felt like I was in my own world that made sense. Just me, a rhythm, a pretty sound and my fingers dancing along with it.

A/N: so this is my new story! Tell me how you feel about this! It's short, I know, but there's not much I wanted to add to this. More answers will come, so stick around to find out what is going on! How do you feel about this!?!??!?! Comment/Vote!
-Bri ;)