Chapter 4

Zayn's POV

As my heart thumped in my chest with anticipation, my feet walked me through the doors of my first class I'd ever take at uni. I wasn't sure what to expect. I just knew I was going into my advanced piano class and I wasn't sure what to really do. When I walked in, I saw there were about thirty different pianos around the pretty large room. I went past the nice pianos and the people that were already in the class talking to each other and went straight to the woman that was supposedly my professor. She looked pretty young for a professor. She had very blonde hair and very deep brown eyes. I couldn't tell she was probably in her late thirties. She looked up from her papers she was organizing and looked at me like I was already bothering her.

"How can I help you? I usually don't take questions or comments before class, but it's your first day and you look like you might be interesting." She said to me. I handed her the paper that I had been carrying with me that I had copies of for all my professors. It was just to state that I can't speak, but that I can fully understand what is going on in class and need no special treatment other than the understanding from the professor that I don't make sounds. It was a professional paper from my doctor that keeps doing check ups on me. He usually just makes sure my vocal cords won't go into a form of paralysis because I don't use them. She snatched the paper from my hand and looked over me like she was trying to see something from me that I wasn't showing her on the surface. I just stood there nervously as she read the paper with a hard look on her face before she set the paper down on her desk and turned to me with a look like she didn't believe me.

"I don't have time for these childish games of pretending to be mute. You're an adult and will participate in class just the same as everyone else. I know you auditioned to get into this class, but I know now it was probably a mistake. Take your seat, Mr.Malk." She said to me with a cold tone. I looked down at my feet and walked to a piano that was open near the window in the classroom. I set down my book bag then rest my hands on my knees. My fingers applied a slight pressure just to keep me from wanting to leave this place and never come back.

"I hope you don't mind, but I heard your conversation over there. Just ignored her. I've had her for two years now and she always has a stick up her arse until you prove to her that you're worth her time." A guy said ager tapping on my shoulder. I looked at him and saw his blue eyes were full of kindness. He had fluffy brown hair and a few tattoos that were visible on his wrists and forearms. I shrugged and wanted to look away from him, but something about his friendly look made me want to believe what he was saying.

"I'm Louis Tomlinson, by the way. If you ever need anyone to speak for you, I'll be there." He said then turned to the front of the class as it begin. I couldn't help but smile and little and turn to look at the professor as well. My first day in class and the teacher is the one that's a jerk and not the students. It was a new thing for me, but I knew my love for piano and music would be enough to prove myself. If that's what she wants then I'll give it to her.

Class went on and she had us all answer a kind of survival type thing. It asked if we had ever written our own music or what pieces we had played in the past that were at the advanced level. There was also a question about how well we sight read music. That one I was happy to boast that I could read anything you put in front of me. I turned that in to her as everyone else was finishing up and took my seat again. I watched her read over it before rolling her eyes and getting up to get the biggest binder I had ever seen. She flipped through a few pages, so I just looked away thinking that she had something to do.

My eyes wandered around the room until they landed on the boy behind me. He was already looking at me and turned red when I caught him. He had short wavy light brown hair and puppy brown eyes. He also had some scruff on his cheeks that made his young face look a bit more mature, but I still saw the child wanting to come out. He looked back at me and waved with the same red tint on his face. I waved and gave him a smile too. I just wanted to make some friends, that I could have here if I was going to be stuck here until break. So far, Niall was a pretty good guy to be friends with and now I met Louis and I hoped he would be a friend too. The guy bebehind me seems nice, I just need to get over the part that I'm mute then I can see if he's my friend.