Chapter 22

Zayn's POV

The whole drive with Doniya was full of her telling me about how things were going at uni for her. I could tell she was trying to keep my mind off of Niall and the way we said goodbye. It was working, but I just felt frustrated that I wanted to tell her about everything that had happened to me, but because of how my mind worked it shut off the words that would have come out. It was only because of how my goodbye with Niall was.

I just felt like he was going to go home and find someone that he found so much better than me. He could find someone that could actually do a better job at loving him. Someone could take care of him if he needed it and would be able to carry on a full conversation. Even if he was the first person I was with in that special way, I knew that I wasn't his first. That only had me thinking that maybe it was just something he comfortable doing and being able to break up with no matter what happens. I'm hooked on him, but there's a chance he could leave. That only made this goodbye so much harder because I didn't trust that he could still feel the same way about me when he came back. It wasn't that I didn't trust him, I just knew he deserved so much better than me and what I could give him.

"Are things with you and Niall going okay?" Doniya finally asked me as we drove down the street that would eventually lead to our grandmother's house. I nodded and clenched my hands in fists to try pushing through the barriers that were closing off my voice.

"He loves me." Was all I could say. She pulled up to the side of the street to park in front of the old looking home. She turned off the car and looked over at me like she was waiting for details. I blushed and reached for her hand to give it a few squeezes and raised an eyebrow so she could get at what I was trying to tell her. Her eyes bulged out and she covered her mouth with her hand.

"No way... Zayn, that's like, something I would expect from you." She said with a small giggle escaping her mouth. I shrugged and saw that her next question was coming and knew what it was going to be. I pointed at myself as I straightened up. She rolled her eyes with a big smile on her face.

"Of course you would be the dominant one. I hope you were safe and didn't hurt him too much. Well, I saw that he was kissing you a lot which means he was also your first kiss. I never would have thought that when I dropped you off for uni that you'd come back without your virginity. What else has happened that you need to tell me now before we go in there and you become Grandma's lapdog for the rest of your time here?" She asked. I got my phone out and asked her if she's ever done a body shot then showed her the text. That made her break out laughing and look at me like I was some new person she had never seen a day in her life.

"You went to a frat party?" She asked me, kind of assuming. I nodded and smiled at her remembering exactly everything that happened that night. We laughed about that for a while until we got out of the car so I could go in and see my grandma.

When I walked in I was immediately taken back by the fact there where oxygen cords running through the house. I looked at my grandmother who was now in a wheelchair with oxygen tubes in her nose. She looked so much more frail than even when she was in the hospital. Her smile on her pale face showed me she was fine, but everything else made me really scared.

"Habibi, get over here and kiss me." She said, moving her wheelchair some and stopping. I slowly went over to her and kissed her cheek. She hugged me and kissed me back, but she didn't let go. Instead, she started crying. I kneeled down and hugged her thin body and felt my emotions getting the best of me. I didn't know why she was crying, but for me it was definitely the fact that this woman looked nothing like the one that raised me.

"I missed you so much, Zayn Javadd. I couldn't wait to see you." She cried. I kissed her thin cheek and pulled back to look he in the eyes. She shakily wiped her tears and smiled at me.