Chapter 14

Zayn's POV

I'd have to admit that I was the happiest I had ever been in my entire life. Niall made everything feel like nothing was wrong anymore. Even when my professors treat me like shit it didn't  bother me. That road block that was in my mind was slowly crumbling because I felt like that wounded part of my brain was healing. I found myself doing better as I rehearsed my song for my audition I had coming up in January. My grades were even better than before. I just felt like a new person that had something normal people had. I had a boyfriend, someone that wanted me. I had Niall as my boyfriend, as my first boyfriend and everything was perfect.

"You seem happy today. I would expect you to be a little mortified that you and Niall got it on in front of over forty people." Louis came over to me and said with a smirk. I rolled my eyes playfully and continued to read through the second song I would be auditioning with. My professor told us to work on our final exam project, which was to memorize a song and be able to perform it at the end of the semester concert we would have in a few weeks. I already had one song memorized, but the auditions for the Symphony required two memorized songs so I decided to practice that. Louis took a seat next to me on my piano bench and nudged me shoulder. His presence seemed to get Liam's attention as well.

"Are you guys a thing now, or did you both just have fun? A few of the guys went to listen through the door, but they said they didn't hear anything. I want to know all the details." Louis said. I smirked despite the blush on my cheeks and made a gesture that my lips were sealed. That was my business for me to keep to myself. I knew that Niall had told me that it was normal to talk about stuff like that, but I didn't want to in a way. I just wanted people to keep me as invisible that way I don't have to feel pressured to speak. I like friends, but I don't like people that make it feel wrong when I don't talk back. I'm at a point where I want to talk to Niall only because I trust him and know that he understands more than anyone else here would.

"Wait, you and Niall? I thought he was..." Liam said, making his way into our conversation. I looked at him to continue his sentence, but he seemed a little more off put than I had expected. That got me thinking of his flirtatious ways and how he acted around me since the first day we met.

"I just thought he was interested in someone else. He never really talked about you in those ways." Liam mumbled sadly then looked back at his piano. All of me wanted to check on him and make sure he was okay, but when I wanted to move Louis stopped me with a sad smile.

"Niall talked about you a lot, it just always came off as a friend way. Now that I think about it, he dropped pretty subtle hints that he liked you. As for Liam... He didn't want to see it that way. Don't worry about it though. We're all hormone crazed young adults that move on pretty quickly." Louis whispered to me. I nodded even though I was a little confused if Louis had just told me that Liam liked me or if he was just trying to save Niall from looking bad. I didn't care about either of those things because I was in cloud nine and there was no way I was ever going to get down. In a selfish way, I didn't care about anything other than Niall.

I had text my sister that Niall and I were officially together, but she didn't seem too thrilled. She just kept asking me if that would affect me coming home at all. I told her it wouldn't and tried to tell her about how perfect he was, but she just continued to tell me she wanted me to come home instead of place her input on my first relationship that she had wanted to happen just a few days earlier. But I had that mind set that if it didn't pertain to Niall then it wasn't something I needed to worry too much about. The same was going on now with Liam. I cared if he was going to be okay because he was my friend, but I wasn't going to put too much effort in trying to fix it.

"Mr.Malik, you seem to be distracting my other students so I'm assuming you're finished?" My professor asked me. Louis got up and went back to his piano thinking that was going to fix something, but just was still stuck under the glare of the woman in front of me. I nodded to her and closed my binder that was holding my music.