Chapter 3

Zayn's POV

I was just laying on my bed listening to music and paying on my phone when Niall came back into the room from his dinner with his friends. I sat up and reached to get the remnants of my microwaved soup from the side table to actually throw away in a bin. I didn't want him thinking I was a slob of some sort. I'm usually a very clean person, I just didn't feel like getting up to throw way my foam cup.

"Were you going to bed?" Niall asked me as he set down a plastic bag on his bed. I shook my head and went back to my bed and turned off my music that was playing. I guess I kind of gave off the vibe that I was going to bed already, considering I was in my pajama bottoms and an old t-shirt, but I was wide awake it was only ten at night and I usually stay up later than that just thinking and letting my mind take over for a while in its own creative way.

"So I got some stuff for us to start to get to know each other. Also so we can get a shower schedule going and other things so we can live happily together." Niall said with a giggle and handed me a small white board with a marker and an eraser too. I moved my pillow and blankets so I was sitting against my wall then I looked at Niall to see he was getting into some more comfortable clothes. He went into the bathroom really fast to change then came back out to get comfortable on his own bed.

"We can just ask each other questions back and forth and you can just write on the white board. I literally have mine for doodles." Niall said. I smiled and begin to write my first question for him on my board. That was where he was from. His accent was so far from being anywhere in England, but I couldn't tell if it was Scottish or Irish. I've never been outside England so I didn't really know the different accents in the world. I flipped the board to him and saw a small smile grow on his face. I could tell he was glad to see I was competent enough to be a full grown adult despite this silence that chose me.

"I'm from Mullingar, Ireland. What about you?" Niall asked me in return as he started to draw on his white board. I wrote down that I was from Bradford, but moved around England a lot. I knew where I was from, Doniya told me all the time like was was trying to drill it in my mind that I had a home no matter how much we moved. It helped because when she turned eighteen she moved us both back there in a small flat with our grandmother that we had been moved away from because she was too old to properly care for us. It felt like a home to me though, and it helped Doniya have one less thing to worry about to get her through the hard first year of uni.

"Are you and your sister really close? I would assume you are, with how protective she is over you and that she helped you move in." Niall asked me. I nodded to him and just smiled. He pointed at the board and marker in my hand, as if telling me he wanted to know more information. I immediately begin telling him that Doniya is my best friend in this whole world. I said that she helped me get into this school and she was pretty much the only person I'd ever really speak to. The look on Niall's face changed as he read the board. I could tell he was hoping he would fix me or something so I would eventually talk to him. That's always been the hope people have when they want to start getting to know me. They don't know that I only trust my big sister to hear me say only a few words when she needs them and other than that it's silence. I don't want to talk to anyone else, not unless it's someone I really know needs to hear something I have to say. Honestly, nothing I would say would ever help because I'm not really that great with words. In my mind I can come up with so much, but when it comes time to get those words out, it ends up being one word and a pat on the back.

"I think it's really cool that you both have a good relationship. Family is a good thing to have. What time do you normally wake up?" Niall asked. The questions and answers really went on from there. We talked about everything from normal things that will help us get along better to how Niall once rode an ostrich. I don't know how we got on that topic, but I was glad we did that way I knew knew to go to a zoo with him for the sake of all the animals that don't need to be ridden on.