Chapter 25

Zayn's POV

Our room was completely silent as Niall and I both packed up our belongings. I decided I was going to go home after I took Niall to the airport. I was feeling really weird about all that was going on right now. I wasn't even processing this in the right way. I had to tell myself everything that had happened in just the past five days. My grandmother had passed away over a day ago and Doniya and the rest of our family was planning a funeral. Niall was going to move to America with his band. I was going to be moving to Milan, Italy for a while then moving somewhere else and so on and so forth. We would be 6,033 miles away from each other. This was our last day together. It wasn't even a day, it was only a night we had left. A few hours together.

"You want to go say bye to everyone? I need to go talk to Luke about a song that we were writing so you can go ahead without me. I'm sure Liam would want a proper goodbye." Niall said quietly as he zipped up another one of his suitcases. I nodded and got my phone off the table before leaving the room. Things between us were kind of cold because we hadn't had that conversation about what we were going to do about our relationship. I didn't even know what to do. In my head and my heart I was being told to hold on to him because he was my first everything. He was my first kiss, my first to be with in that intimate way, but most importantly, he was my first love. I didn't want to loose that, but in my gut I had a feeling that me thinking I could hold on to something for longer than I was supposed to.

I got to Liam's room and knocked on the door before going in. He was sitting at his desk looking at his laptop at a website that looked very familiar to the International Symphony Orchestra website that my bio had been posted on this morning along with the rest of the people that had made it. I was the youngest ever to have made this specific symphony, but I think the joy and pride that would have been was taken away by the fact my grandma wouldn't be there. I looked over and noticed that the side of the room that belonged to Ashton was completely empty. It looked like me and Niall's room, ours just had a few boxes and our suitcases. Niall's bedding was packed away and we just had a few sheets on my bed and two pillows. He was going to mail all his stuff to Ireland and I was going to mail mine too and take the rest with me on the train.

"Zayn, I didn't expect to see you. Like, I thought you would have been gone by now." Liam said. I smiled softly and made my way to sit on his bed. He closed his laptop and turned to me in his chair that rolled over so he could be right in front of me. He looked sad as he looked at me.

"I'm sorry to hear about your grandma." He started. I nodded and started playing with her sleeves on my jacket. He reached forward and got my hands in his.

"I think it's really incredible about you making the symphony. That really shut up our professor. Everyone in the school is talking about it and we're all really proud of you... I'm really proud of you." He said the last part looking in my eyes holding a sparkle that was a mixture of longing and sadness. I cleared my throat softly because I was about to say something to him while I felt the need to, but he cut me off.

"I think that I should probably tell you, uh, how I feel about you, Zayn. I never thought I'd be telling you this before I'd probably never see you again and I didn't think it would be something I would have had to put off because you were dating one of my best mates. I just... Since the day I met you I've just been drawn to you. I've been infatuated with the way you speak only with your eyes and you body and your music. It's just something I found myself liking more and more. Then the way you look is another thing. I just really liked you for a long time now. Don't think this is an advance on you, though. I know your heart is Niall's, but my heart is yours." Liam said softly, letting go of my hand to sit back in his chair. I was blushing like mad because I've never had even one person like me, but two people? I wasn't ready for that.