Chapter 5

"So, tell me about her?" I smiled and nodded proudly, turning my head to look at him. He was already staring at me with a large smile spread across his face, lighting up his eyes. "She's five. She has your endless appetite, my stubbornness, she's very smart, she has a bit of a temper, um." I trailed off towards the end trying to think of anything else. His presence was clouding my mind and my heart. "Is she in school?" I nodded. "She goes to school while I go to work." He nodded and smiled, continuing to stare at me. "Where do you work?" "At an office building as the main secretary."

  He nodded in understanding the smile disappearing from his face. I wanted to reach out and touch his cheek, lifting it up to make that smile return, but I decided against it. He was going to have to prove to me that I can trust him again. I will have to stay at my strongest, which will be difficult, but I don't want him getting away with leaving me for five years so easily. I decided on forgiving him for Analisa's sake. He is her father no matter what and I know what it's like to grow up without one and that is something I intend to keep her from, for now on that is.

  "Oh, that reminds me! I have work and school tomorrow, but Analisa is off school this week. I have to find a babysitter so-." I was cut off by Niall rushing his words and leaning closer to me. "I can watch her." I looked at him skeptically and contemplated whether or not I should let him. "Come on, Belle. I need to spend time with her because I missed out on her first five years. This is the perfect opportunity." I sighed and remembered that my usual babysitter didn't work on Mondays and I wouldn't have time to find another considering that its already 9:00 at night. Time really does fly when you are talking to someone that you love and haven't seen in five years. "I suppose." He smiled wider than I ever could imagine. I felt his arms wrap around my waist and pull me into his hard chest. 

  I sat frozen to my spot and he pulled away awkwardly. "Sorry." He mumbled and scratched the back of his neck with his hand as an awkward silence filled the room.

  I stood and rubbed my hands together breaking the silence. "We really should get going. I'll bring her and her stuff by in the morning." He nodded and stood beside me. "Did you drive?" I nodded slightly and disappointment etched his features. "I'll go get her."

  He brushed past me into the dark hallway and I heard the bedroom door creak open. I walked towards the front door and slipped on my shoes, slinging my purse across my chest and slipping my keys into it.

  I heard feet pad across the concrete floors and Niall emerged from the hall with a sleeping Analisa in his arms. He was cradling her, one arm supporting her bum and the other wrapped gently around her back to try and prevent as little movement as possible. I smiled warmly and went to reach out and take her, but he shook his head. "I'll walk you to your car." He whispered. I pulled back, nodded and opened the door.

  His voice startled me. "Do they know about her?" I stopped before walking down the cold metal stairs and turned to look at him. I shook my head. "I always made sure she was in her room when I answered the door." He nodded and his eyes showed relief.

  "Have any hurt you?" I shuddered and slowly descended down the stairs ignoring his question, not wanting to think about the past experiences. "Belle. Have any hurt you?" He pushed firmly and I closed my eyes, allowing a single tear to escape as I slowly nodded my head.

  The memories came rushing back to me.

~*~

OMG u guys I am so sorry that I haven't updated!!! I hav been so crazy busy with key club and I hung out with a friend and I just haven't realized its been so long!!! I'm so sorry!!!!

QUESTION: What do y'all think of this story so far?

Thanks so much for all the reads and votes!!!! Keep commenting!!!

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN

Peace out babes👑💍💚