Chapter 27

My eyes lit up with joy and I stared at Niall's face waiting for his eyes to start fluttering like in the movies. I felt his thumb wrap around my hand, but everything stayed still and silent. "Come on, Niall." I pleaded while squeezing his hand to try to get his thumb moving again, but I got nothing in response. I sighed and looked down at Analisa who was watching me with confusion. "Why won't daddy wake up?" My breath hitched in my throat and I felt tears prick my eyes before swallowing them down. I refuse to cry in front of Analisa at a time like this. I needed to stay strong in order to keep her calm. "Daddy is very sick and needs his rest." It wasn't a lie nor was it the full truth, but it was all a five year old needed to know at the time. She didn't need to worry about her daddy possibly never waking up and seeing his little girl grow old and get married and have her own children.

  Ugh, why does my brain do this to myself?

  I gulped as the tears threatened to flow down my cheeks as I tried my hardest to keep them at bay. "Where's Uncle Harry?" I sighed in relief that she had changed the subject unknowingly and brought me out of the depths of my thoughts. I opened my eyes to look at her. "He went back to the room." She nodded and looked down at Niall once more. "Can I go back to the room?"  "Of course sweetie." I smiled half heartedly at her and dug in my back pocket for my phone before pulling it out and dialing Harry's number.

  'Hello?'

  'Hey. Analisa would like to go back to the room.'

  'Alright. I'll be there in a minute.'

  He hung up before I could say thank you. "He'll be here in a minute." She nodded and looked down at her small clasped hands with a thinking face. I watched her as she thought and wondered what was going through her mind. I saw her mentally debating whether or not to ask me something until the words tumbled from her lips. "Is daddy going to live?" I was taken aback by her question and fear shot through my stomach causing it to plummet. "I don't know." I stuttered tired of entertaining the thought that he may not. "You don't need to worry about that, sweety. Everything will be okay." I smiled and kissed her head while she leaned her back to me and rested her head on my shoulder.

  I heard the door open allowing the tension in the room to dissipate luckly. I felt a figure stand to the side of me. "Uncle Harry!" I chuckled at my little girl as she hopped off my lap and jumped into his arms. Even though she saw him only moments ago she was still excited. He chuckled at her childish behavior that was able to lift our spirits in a dark time. He picked her up and placed her on his hip. "You alright? Need anything?" I smiled greatfully and looked into his caring green eyes. "I'm good. Thank you though." He nodded with a small smile and walked out of the room with Analisa on his hip.

  I took a deep breath and squeezed Niall's hand again hoping desperatly that his thumb would twitch once more. My eyes began to feel very heavy and I rested my head on the side of his hospital bed before kissing his hand and letting needed sleep take over.

~*~

A lot of you want me to make the baby Niall's somehow but I just don't think it could be possible like in any way unless I go back towards the beginning of the story and completely change it but idk if I should or not. Would y'all be mad if I left it and the baby still isn't Niall's????

Does anybody even read the authors notes?? comment POTATOOOOOOOOOOO if you do!!!

Thanks so much for reading!!!

25 votes and 10 comments????

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN

LIKE

SHARE

Peace out babes
😘✌️✌️