CHAPTER FOUR

All I could think about was relaxing. It was about 10 o'clock once the plane had landed in Florida. I had a bit of jet lag, but not too much.

I sat at a small set of a table and chairs beside our hotel rooms window. The stars looked brighter than ever. I kind of feel guilty now as I stare at them, because they remind me of all the things I take for granted in the world.

Tristan snapped me out of my daze and pointed to the small wooden bookshelf beside the TV. "Don't you like books? Maybe they'll take away your boredom."

I sighed and sat on the bed next to him. "It's not boredom. I just don't know what to do. I'm exhausted, but I don't want to sleep."

A yawn escaped my mouth, but I quickly close it when I saw a smirk appear on his face.

"I know what we could do." He whispered, coming closer to me.

He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer. Soon, I felt his lips on my neck.

I pushed him away when it got too heated. Sure, I would love to be romantic with him right now, but at the same time, I don't. Theres a point when I have to draw the line and say enough is enough.

"What the hell? What's wrong with you? Any other time you'd be crawling all over me." His voice raised.

I got up out of the bed and shook my head as I stood.

"Maybe I shouldn't have come with you." Tristan sighed.

"What? Just because I don't want to have sex with you right now? Are you kidding me?" My tone turned to sarcastic as I crossed my arms and gave him the death glare.

"Fuck you, Jordan."

I gasped. "How could you say that? What has gotten into you?!" I was yelling now.

"You! You don't want a relationship and when I wanna be close to you you push me away! You always get what you want when you want it. I'm starting to think you're just using me!" He yelled back.

I felt sorry for whoever was trying to sleep next door.

I just stared back at him with a blank expression. What was I suppose to say? Anything I could say would just somehow make me look bad.

Instead of answering, I stomped out of the room and slammed the door. It wasn't uncommon for us to fight like this. It happened a lot actually. Ever since Tristan revealed that he wanted to someday marry me and have kids with me, I just push him away and love him when i feel like it. I admit, it's not fair to him at all. And I feel bad.

I rested my elbows on the railings and looked down below us at the tops of the cars that were parked. A slight breeze ran through my hair and a tear slid down my cheek. I'm frustrated.

Suddenly, arms were wrapped around my waist.

"Tristan, I don't even know what to do right now, okay?" I said.

When he didn't reply, I turned around to see that it wasn't Tristan. I screamed at the top of my lungs in front of the blonde haired man. He smirked and before I could even blink, he took a fist and hit me in the head.

I fell onto the concrete ground and the world around me faded away.

My eyes shot open when I came to my senses. Slowly, everything was coming back. I tried to scream, but there was a gag placed in my mouth and my hands were tied to a chairs arms.

I took a deep breath and noticed my surroundings. It seems like I'm in a... basement? The walls and floors were made of concrete. I couldn't make out the furniture, but I could see its silhouette.

"It's about time you woke up, Jessica. You don't even know how long I've been searching for you." A voice said as they came around a corner.

Jessica? Who the hell is Jessica?

I tried to speak, but it was muffled by the gag.

"You're so different than what I remember. Did you dye your hair or something?" The man knelt down in front of me and took in every detail.

As I looked into his warm brown eyes, I remembered seeing him on the airplane. He had to have been following me.

"You probably think that I'm going to kill you, which I should considering what you did to me, but I'm not. I still love you, Jess." He held my hand in his and stared down at the floor.

I cringed at the last sentence that he spoke. Thankfully, he didn't notice.

"My friends will be here any second, and I promise I won't let them hurt you. I'll let you loose as soon as I can trust you. As for now, I need to go and do something. So, sit tight, okay?" He brushed a piece of my hair behind my ear.

I flinched, only because I didn't want him knocking me out again. When he turned his back to walk away, I screamed. It was the only thing I could do to get his attention.

He didn't turn around. Instead he just kept walking away as if I didn't exist. I could hear a door close and that was it. The only sound was my breathing and water dropping from a pipe I'm assuming.

It felt like hours before I let myself drift off to sleep. What else was there to do while I was strapped to a chair? Besides, I need to anyway.