Chapter 50: Serpents

JASON'S POV

Jordan was snuggled up against me, her back against my chest. It was so quiet I could hear every breath she took.

I could feel myself drifting off into sleep, finally getting the rest I needed from a long day, when her bedroom door cracked open. I opened my eyes and peeked over her shoulders to see her dad staring at us blankly.

He motioned for me to follow him. Great.

I crawled out of Jordan's bed as quietly as I could. I met her father in the hallway, watching him closely. My eyes burned from the lack of sleep.

"You shouldn't be here, Jason." He folded his arms and stared at me with a smoldering expression.

"What?"

"You need to leave. I can't have a criminal sleeping in my house. It's bad enough that my daughter is in love with you. It's time that I lay down some rules, McCann."

I chuckled and leaned against the wall. "Are you fucking kidding me? You think I'm gonna follow orders from an old man like you? Fuck off."

"I'm serious. If she loves you, I don't care, there's nothing I can do about that, but if I can prevent my family from trouble then I will. Don't forget that I helped her save you from Jessica."

"Fine. Have your way. Tell Jordan that I'll be at my house when she wakes." I snarled before putting on my jacket and walking out of her house.