Chapter 2: When Destiny Calls

Thane POV

I looked down at the small boy that was squirming under me as I laid on top of him. He wasn't at all what I expected. I mean I don't know why my wolf was going crazy when I first laid eyes on him. The kid was cute and everything, but it was just his damn mouth I knew I would come to hate and the fact I had to train him to respect me was going to be hell.

I shook my head as I was pulled back to the memory why I had to accepted a mate from another pack in the first place and picked why Anthony was the famous pick.

||FLASHBACK||

"You gotta be fucking kidding me." I said softly looking over at my father who was dragging his hand through his dark black short hair as we sat in our living room. "What's so great about this small town pack that I have to pick a mate from there? I mean we have way prettier Omega's here." I sighed out as I looked through the pages of the book they had sent me.

"Well son, Coal Pack grow their on crops and breed their own meat. We can really use that during the winter." My father tried to bargain with me as he looked through the extra book they brought for him also. I shook my head without looking up from the book.

"We have enough meat during the winter father." I assure him. I looked up just in time to catch him shaking his head back at me playful and I smiled.

"Last year we got lucky this year we need to have a back up plan." My father shot back with ease as he took his deep brown eyes from the book and looked up at me. A smug look too over my face. His playfulness soon died down as he saw it too. "We need this alliance son. The Coal Pack took someone from me a long time ago and I just want to make sure their doing alright." My father said softly as he started to stare off in space. I growled and looked over at the hallway with the feeling of pure annoyance only to listen carefully to hear if my mother was still sleeping before I continued this conversation.

When I was sure I heard her soft breathing I looked back at my father and narrowed my eyes at him. "Please don't tell me your still in love with that small town wolf that you tried to pass off as your mate?" My father snapped out of his trace at that question and looked at me.

"I know it was years ago and I have you mother and you now, but he was my first love son. No one forgets their first love. Right son?" He asked with a raised eyebrow. My glared harden into a emotionless stare. That my father usually saw right through.

"Not today father. I don't want that person's or even the thought of them floating around this fucking room." I grumbled angrly. My father flinched and I immediately felt bad. "I'm sorry father. I forget about the whole incoming alpha dominate thing." I said softly. He shook his head and looked back down at the book indicating the conversation was over. I let a small sigh escape my lips and went back to looking through the book. I stopped on one kid that would seem perfect to be my stress reliever. "Page 45." I said without looking up. I heard my father pages started flopping. He groaned as he stopped on the page and I looked up at him with a innocent smile. Then shrugged my shoulder nonchalantly.

"No." He said sternly. I laughed.

"Father, he's in the book. And they did say anyone I wanted." I said with a sly smirk. My dad sighed heavily and started flipping through the pages again.

"No. Thane. He's the alpha's son and the last thing I need is him riding my ass about you raping his unwilling son." I laughed at my dad's words.

"But it's okay for me to pick another one of his pack members kids and raping then unwillingly." I laughed and shook my head. "He doesn't deserve to be the head of anyone's pack." I said shaking my head. My dad glared up at me. "Wait?! But anyway. I guess your right. The kid does look like a fighter. But those are usually the best ones." I said with a smirk.