Chapter 11: A Congratulations Party

.::Back To Anthony's POV::.

Chapter 11: A Congratulations Party

"A party?" I asked softly. As Jenrin moved about our room cleaning it up. Well, it wasn't so much his room anymore, but he still came to hang out with me here everyday for the past week. Conren had made him move out after what happen. He told Jenrin I was a "bad influence" that he didn't want, rubbing off on him. It was lonely at night and every night I felt like someone was watching me through the curtain. I could hear loud breathing and I felt a presence but their smell was always faint. I didn't tell Jenrin cause the last thing I wanted him to do was worry.

He nodded grimly. "Yeah, it's to umm.. Celebrate you and Alpha Thane mating and umm... Him becoming the new alpha." He explained softly. My stomach sinked.

"Do I have to be there?" I murmured as I pulled myself into a ball then pushed myself into my regular corner. He hesitated. But then slowly nodded.

"Yeah. You have to attend. The former alpha is getting really impatient with you not being around now that your mated to his son." He whispered. I looked over at him an scrunched my eyebrow together in confusion.

"What..!? His son... What his son did to me, that's what he should be angry about and besides, I'm not apart of this pack or their family. I'm not going to that stupid fucking party and I'm never ever going to accept his son even if that meant me dying." I seethed.

"If only you had a choice." A very familiar voice chimed from the door way. I frowned and looked over at where the voice came from and let and aggravated sigh slip pass my lips.

"What do you want old lady?" I mumbled, glaring her way. Thane's grandmother smiled at me and entered the room completely. I looked away from her and casted my eyes down at the floor. Jenrin had got quiet as he continued to clean.

"You can't run away from faith Anthony, as you can see it comes right back on you if you try." She spoke softly, like she was trying not to offend me in anyway. Too late! I already took it as her saying me getting forced down to the ground was my fault. I fixed my glare back on her.

"Yeah, well faith can go to hell! I mean it! I'm never going to accept him. No matter what anyone does or says." I reassured her angrily and turned my attention back on the floor. I hugged my legs tighter to my body like I always did when I tried to calm the anger wave that I had been feeling more frequently. Everything set me off now, so I felt safer like this. Curled up in my corner. Believe it or not it's hard to sleep when you don't know what's outside your curtain at night. And well... That nightmare I've been having is maybe also the cause of me being sleep deprive. So maybe their isn't anyone actually there. But, I trust my senses more then I trust my eyes. I know what I've been feeling.

"How's that dream?" Her voice came knocking into my thoughts. Sighing heavily. I rolled my eyes and decided to give her a short and simple answer though I doubt she'll end it there.

"I'm not having it anymore." I lied. She scoffed.

"Lier." She teased playfully. See. I didn't say anything to her childish counter back. I didn't want to discuss this new dream, because one I didn't quite understand it and two it was a dream that was never going to come true. I wasn't going to accept Thane. I have no reason to.

"What dream?" Jenrin asked out of the blue, finally speaking a few minutes after the old hag entered
the room. I peeked up at him and cringed. I had forgotten he was in the room. If I hadn't, I wouldn't have spoke of the dream. It's definitely.. Not something I wanted anyone else to know about. Especially Jenrin.

"It's nothing Jenrin." I tried to assure him.

"How can you tell him that dream was nothing when it was the exact cause of your misery." She quickly corrected me.