Chapter 8: Change Of Plans

"Anthony! What the hell are you doing get Vance and Jenrin and run back to the damn cave now!" Thane yelled at me as he punched a random rouge in the face then, slammed his elbow in another's face that was trying to sneak up behind him. I nodded my head quickly and grabbed a shaking Jenrin and Vance's hand and pulled them to their feet.

"Guys! Listen to me. Okay. We have to get back to the cave. Stay close to me and don't stop running until we get safely into the cave. do you understand me?" I asked as I tried to keep my voice calm. They both quickly nodded their heads at the same time. "Then if you understand... RUN!" I yelled as I took off first making sure I didn't let go either of their hands. I had to get these two back to the cave. It was my fault that they where in this kind of danger in the first place. I had to make sure I got them back in one piece no matter what it took.

¥•Few Hours Earlier•¥

It had been a week since Thane's grandmother told me that I would die if I accepted Thane as a mate. I only had one week left tell it was time for me to mate to him. But I had already made up my mind. Tonight around dinner time, I was getting out of here.

I was still on punishment so I was assign to clean the bath area with Jenrin and that guy Vance. Me and Jenrin were joking around as we made our way towards the the baths. Vance just slowly and quietly trailed behind us.

"How do we freaking clean this part of the cave." I laughed. "I mean there isn't any stray bones in there to right?" I teased. Jenrin laughed.

"No dude. We have to pick up any stray clothes that were left behind. Then we have to pick up all the soap buckets and place them back in their corner after we refill them with fresh soap." He explained. I nodded.

"Sounds easy enough." I said as we approached the entrance of the bath cave. I heard Vance scoff from behind us. We both stopped and looked back at him. He quickly came to a hault also and seem caught off guard that we heard him. "Is there a problem buddy?" I asked with a raised eyebrow. He narrowed his eyes at me.

"That's the last thing me and you will ever be." He whispered angrily then pushed pass us. We turned around and watch him walk ahead.

"Geez. What crawled up his butt?" Jenrin asked. I shrugged my shoulders.

"Fearin." Jenrin snapped his head towards me as the comment slipped pass my lips. My eyes widen as I realize what I just said and I looked over at him. He was shaking his head at me trying to suppress a smile.

"Man, that was so wrong." He said quickly trying to stop a laugh from surfacing. I on the other hand burst into laughter.

"Oh good grief. I'm so sorry." I laughed. "I didn't mean it to come out like that, I didn't mean for it to come out at all! I was thinking it but didn't mean to say it." I tried to explain between laughs. Jenrin joined me a few second after I started up. It took us a minute to compose ourselves and wipe away the tears that snuck their way to the surface of our eyes. Jenrin was shaking his head at me. "I'm sorry." I tried again. He pushed at my shoulder.

"Don't tell me sorry. I don't care. Good thing he didn't hear yo...."

"Let me go!" I heard Vance voice echo through the cave hall. Our head snap towards the entrance way of the bath area. "I said let go!" He yelled again and this time me and Jenrin didn't waste any time as we ran towards the entrance way. When got in there off to the side we saw two really buff naked men that seem to be from upperclass pulling at Vance's grey muscle shirt and trying to stick their hand down his blue jean cut up to the knees shorts.

"Hey! Stop that!" I yelled to get their attention. But they clearly pretended they didn't hear me. I looked around the area me and Jenrin was standing in and saw a soap bucket. I picked it up.