Chapter 10: Mother Of The Alpha

Thane POV

'What have I done? Anthony.. Oh, God. Anthony. The expression on his face after what I had did to him.' Dropping my head into my hands as I slowly started to shake it, trying to erase the images of how scared Anthony looked. The tears rolling down his face while I... No, I can't. I don't even want to try and remember! Unfortunately.. Anthony will.

I'm not like them. I can say that a hundred times to myself. But, it'd still end up being the same result. Me hurting Anthony.

I had told myself over and over growing up that I wasn't going to be like them. I was going to wait tell whoever my mate ended up being was ready to mate, tell we were both ready. But.. But...

My brother. Fearin. I was mad at them for punishing their mates in front of the pack then insisting I do the same to Anthony. Then the pack! Disrespecting me like that and insulting Anthony! It... It just pissed me off.I sighed loudly. I was just angry...My anger got the best of me. Now look where it has gotten me with Anthony. Back to square one. Probably not even a square anymore.

I swear I didn't mean for this to turn out the way it did. I'm not a monster. I'm nothing like my brother or the pack members... Well, I wasn't planning to be anything like them. I guess that's out the door.

A spark of pain filled my cheek, followed by a loud noise. I let a dangerous growl slip pass my lips as I popped up off my bed and sharply turned towards the person responsible for slapping me across the face. My anger quickly disappeared and I quickly lowered my head in shame knowing what was coming since my mother was now standing in front of me looking like a hungry wolf ready to pounce on it's prey. My mother was a beautiful women. Though right now she looked like she was ready to choke the life out of me. She had long coal black hair the flowed down to the middle of her back in waves. She had a lovely natural light bronze tan, followed by a pair of hazel eyes that had golden rings around the iris. She truly took on the look of a Luna.

"Mother." I whispered.

"Don't mother me!" She barked. I flinched back. "How could you Thane! You promised me. You. Promised me that you wouldn't be like your uncle and brother when it came down to claiming your mate," She growled, betrayal hung in her tone. "After what you saw when you were younger! After what you witness that poor boy being claimed that way, you wouldn't do the same when you found your mate." She was right.

When I was about ten I saw my first mating ceremony and it was the most scary, disgusting thing I seen in my life. My uncle dragged a small boy in the middle of the mating room and threw him to the ground, the boy was crying and shaking. God, he was begging for help. I didn't understand at that time, I always thought when you and your mate was ready to complete the bond you both were suppose to be happy. But, this teen boy... He didn't seem like he wanted to be mated at all. When I looked up at my mother's face I saw tears in her eyes as she watched the boy continue to lay on the ground begging for help.

"And what's the first thing I hear from your grandmother when I get back from my walk?!..." She continued.

"Mother..."

"That you had taken your mate unwilling!" She screeched and I flinched back again. "I'm so disappointed in you. I'm upset, disgusted, and hurt. An who knows how that poor boy is feeling right now! You... You are to go and apologize to him right now." She ordered.

"He won't see me mother." I tried to convince her.

"I don't give a shit! You better damn well still try." She seethed. I lowered my head deeper between my shoulders and slightly retreated as she shook her head and brought her hand up to her forehead. She was visibly calming down. But, I could still feel those ripples of heat through the room. I don't think she was going to let her anger go to far. She slowly sat down on my bed and crossed one leg over the other. Then looked over at me with calmer eyes. Though, I never underestimate my mother. She'd slip back into her angry seizure in a quick second.