Chapter 7: Lazy Bastard

I woke up to my alarm clock going off at top volume which I could handle because it happened everyday in America.

There was just one problem, it was going off at five in the morning so I could go to detention.

There was so many things I had to do, like have a shower because I would rather not smell if I could avoid it.

I also needed to put myself in a mindset where I didn't want to kill a priest with a sharp object.

With a long sigh I hit the snooze button to shut it up before it woke up my roommate, Iris.

It turned out that the girl I'd stopped from being beaten up last night was the roommate the headmistress had mentioned.

After I told the school priest he could go screw himself then stalked off angrily Iris caught up with me and said thanks for stopping the other girl.

I'd told her it was no problem, we'd started up a conversation and talked all the way back to our dorm room.

Iris was a rather quiet person, mousy, spoke in a whisper and looked at the ground most of the time.

She had very blonde hair, bordering on white and seemed to enjoy hiding her face in it as much as possible.

Iris had only looked at me directly once, when she did I was horrified by how many cuts and bruises littered her skin.

That bitch Tiffany had gotten her good and according to Iris it happened on a regular basis, I can't believe the school would let her get away with it.

I know I may have just met Iris but I like her, she seems like a cool chick and if Tiffany decides to come near her while I'm around then I'll be getting more detention because I wouldn't mind breaking her nose.

I've always had little tolerance for bullies and Tiffany was a grade A asshole.

I don't know what she has to do for detention but if it's cleaning out the church attic with me at six in the morning then there will undoubtably be a scuffle.

All my friends back in America knew I was not a pleasant person to be with in the morning, I needed coffee and at least an hour to wake up.

I didn't have either of those and needed to have a shower and get dressed quickly.

Groaning as I moved I flipped the blankets back then sat up in the bed, putting my feet on the ground with cold shooting up my legs.

Iris who had originally been facing me mumbled in her sleep and rolled over, facing the wall then pulling the rugs up higher.

Standing up I grabbed my dressing gown from the foot of the bed and pulled it on, instantly feeling warmer.

I grabbed my bathroom kit and towel from the small closet supplied. Pocketing my key I left the room, yawning as I shuffled down the hall in my bedsocks.

I'm not sure why but instead of stopping at the girls bathrooms I kept walking, along the hallway, down a flight of stairs and outside. I frowned as I headed down the path from the dorms to the church, the sun slowly rising in the sky.

The church doors were wide open, making the place seem much more grandiose that I remembered.

I walked into the church, my frown becoming more intense when I saw the interior, it'd changed, a lot.

The pews were gone along with the podium and the inside was ten times bigger.

A stained glass window took up the whole back wall and the room was empty with the exception of a small curtained off area in the corner.