Chapter 27: And We Have Mikey Way

There were a lot of things I'd been expecting when the door slowly opened, most of them being a guess that he'd look exactly like his brother.

When I went out to a van where the band had been with Frank I remember seeing three men aside from Gerard sitting in the back and I knew that one of them would be his brother since I knew Mikey was in the band but I hadn't seen their faces and hadn't even registered anyone but Gerard when they were onstage.

He did look a little like Gerard I guess but at a glance without knowing if they were related there'd be no way I'd think they were brothers.

The first thing I noticed about Mikey was that he had a big pair of glasses and a mildly awake expression. He was wearing a shirt and a pair of sweatpants, an open dressing gown, he had scruffy brown hair and was clutching a fragrant cup of coffee in his hands as if it were the most important thing in the world. His face was quite long and he had a very square jaw when compared to Gerard whose face was more rounded but they had the same shaped faces and could wear the exact same blank expression, one Mikey was demonstrating right now.

But all in all I was surprised how geeky his brother was, I was expecting someone more seductive I guess.

"Hey Gerard, and you'd be Lainey, right?" He asked, his face changing to what could almost be considered a smile as he looked at me and pointed while I nodded before he walked away and we followed him into the house.

The inside was pretty nice, high ceiling and almost fashionable furniture. There were a lot of windows but most of them were covered up by curtains and there was only one story but the hallway was long and I could see a lot of doors which made me curious and wanting to know what was behind all of them.

"Too lazy to put on proper clothes, Mikes?" Gerard asked jokingly, leading me into the living room and getting me to sit on the couch next to him while his brother went into what was clearly the kitchen since there was only a breakfast bar separating the two spaces.

"Too lazy to put on your collar, Gee?" Mikey retorted and I snorted at the nickname, I'd heard it once before from Frank at the bar but it was funnier when Mikey said it while talking about Gerard wearing his priest collar.

"I'm off duty today." Gerard explained as I let go of his hand hand and assumed my natural pose which meant crossing my arms and relaxing into the couch while waiting for the conversation to move to something I'd be able to add to.

"You're supposed to be on duty everyday but I won't nag." Listening to what Mikey said made me assume when Gerard did whatever he wanted it wasn't just around me but he'd do it with his friends and family as well.

Gerard sat forward and shrugged his overcoat off and put it on the couch beside him, now just sitting in a grey long-sleeved shirt and after noticing how warm it was in the house I took my jacket off as well, feeling a bit awkward in my band Dawn of The Dead shirt that made me feel like a preteen again since it'd been that long since I last wore it.

"Lainey, would you like some coffee?" Mikey asked, looking at me and I nodded, I did like coffee but my feelings on it changes regularly, currently I really wanted some though but I think it was just because I was tired.

"Are you sure he's your brother?" I whispered to Gerard, doubting that he and Mikey could be related when they looked so different and Mikey seemed to be a lot more polite and considerate than his older brother, at least in comparison to when I first met the priest, maybe not now.

"Trust me, he is." Gerard laughed as Mikey came out of the kitchen, holding three cups of coffee and putting two of them on the table in front of the couch before sitting down in an armchair and crossing his legs.