Chapter 15: Rose Petals? Uh No

Snow, there is so much fucking snow all over the place.

An unnatural amount.

It came up to the second floor windows then stretched out for miles, no end in sight. Just a plain white landscape of freezing cold snowflakes looking to be coloured in.

There was no one around either. I couldn't see Luka, Iris or Father Way, nobody at all.

How could a school full of people disappear so suddenly?

It's not like they can teleport away.

I'm scared, this is genuinely scary. I don't even like people that much but I feel so alone.

Is this what it's like to be dead?

White, an endless amount of white and the feeling of being alone.

It's horrible.

I walked through my now plain, ordinary and undecorated bedroom, over to the window with a view of nothing.

I put my hands on the pane and spider webs ran along the glass, reacting to the heat from my palms. Cracks took up every inch, making it impossible for me to see outside which peaked my sense of wonderment even more.

With a huff of frustration I drew back and put my hands on my hips, trying to think around the problem.

The temperature of the room was so low I could see my breath in front of me yet I didn't feel anything. I could just be walking around like normal, the snow and the breath clouds being the only proof of the weather.

I moved my hands and put them into the small groove of the window and tugged it upwards.

After a fair bit of swearing from me and protests from the window I opened it, being able to have an uninterrupted view of outside once again.

I need to get out of here, find someone.

There was no door or any other windows so I didn't even have an option on how I'd leave. There was only one choice I'd been given and I jumped at it.

I took some deep breaths, collecting my thoughts and getting myself ready for what I'd have to do next whether I liked it or not.

Chewing on the inside of my cheek I put a foot on the window and ducked out, trying to not be a klutz and hit my head.

The snow was surprisingly firm with no give at all, it was like strolling down a sidewalk.

I feel like snow Jesus.

I saw a discolouration in the pure white and started running towards it, something had to have caused the mark.

The faster I ran the slower it felt like I was moving and by the time I reached the odd patch I felt like I'd just run a marathon.

I was trying to catch my breath when I took one more step forth and the ground sunk, taking my foot with it.

In seconds I was completely engulfed, the snow covering my head and making it impossible to breath no matter how much I tried. Everything just reacted like quicksand, the more I tried to move the harder it became to see the surface.

Freezing cold snow, all around me.

There's no air, I need to breath.

It's suffocating.

My bumped into something and the next moment everything became water, salty like the ocean and it changed absolutely nothing when it came to the burning in my lungs.

The water threw me around mercilessly, like I was a toy two children were fighting over.

My body bounced off rocks, leaving bruises, that is if I was to ever get out of here.