Chapter 29: VIP, More Like OMFG

I’d been sitting outside with Iris for the past few hours, not much had seemed to happen aside from the line getting longer and longer to the point of the queue disappearing around the corner of the music hall and I don’t know where everyone was after that but I wouldn't be surprised if there were a couple hundred of girls and guys waiting for the doors to the venue to open.

After long enough Iris had finally come down from her high and we were able to pass the rest of the afternoon talking about normal things like our classes, what homework was most recently done and how the school play was slowly coming along; very, very slowly.

While I was struggling to simply make myself go to the rehearsals for the play Iris had memorized nearly every single one of her lines and was at the school theater, waiting to practice with all the others before the teacher had even arrived not to mention that I think she may have added everything Wendy was supposed to say to her huge mental file as well. It was almost scary how quickly she could memorize things, she was like some kind of genius but it’s not like I’m missing a few pieces either.

Of course most of my teachers must think there’s something up with me since nearly every paper I've turned in has gotten me an A, I think they've mistakenly labelled me as an anarchist rebel that wants to see society fall into shambles. As far as everyone else knows I haven’t even done anything that bad, just had sex without thinking about protection but I guess since this is a Christian school they don’t exactly want their students sleeping around all the time.

I suppose the snide comments I’d drop every now and then weren't all that great either…neither was vomiting in the math teachers trash bin.

“Lain, Lainey, check it out.” Iris shook me hard enough to get my attention and I looked at the man who was standing outside the buildings double doors with his arms crossed and what seemed to be a small radio attached to his shoulder.

“Who’s he?” I asked, sitting up a little straighter to get a better look although it was a little difficult since it was starting to get dark outside and he had a black cap on.

“I don’t know, he came out here a couple of minutes ago. Do you think he’s with the band?” She wondered, somewhat nervously tucking a piece of hair behind her ear before getting to her knees and staring very shamelessly at the man; likely wondering the same thing as everyone else who had noticed his presence, if Pierce The Veil were anywhere nearby since he looked so official.

“Maybe,” I pulled my phone from my pocket and read the time on the screen, “it’s not like he could be out here to open the doors, it’s an hour before anything happens.” It was an little while from ticking over to six which meant that everyone should start getting excited but not too excited since there was going to be a little more time spent out on the cold sidewalk.

Then as if he were doing it only for the purpose of proving me wrong the man spoke into the radio at his shoulder then stepped forward, talking to the line of teenagers, “All red ticket holders are allowed inside to visit the bar and collect their passes.”

“Have we got red tickets?” Iris whispered, leaning over to me as I reached into my shorts to retrieve them and check, I couldn't remember having any kind of tickets that would get me a pass but I wouldn't object if it turned out I did.

I looked into the envelope Gerard and given me as a Christmas present and was rather taken aback when I saw the vivid red, don’t tell me he somehow managed to get me VIP tickets over the regular ones.

“Yeah, apparently we have,” I mumbled as I stood, pulling Iris with me, the both of us saying quick goodbyes to Nat, Jenn and Poppy who we’d ended up exchanging numbers with while we’d been talking about music and the concert.