Chapter 11: Sometimes You Need A Vent

Gerard's POV

~~~

I'd been sitting in the music hall listening to the babbling of students for nearly half an hour now.

Shrill voices and giggling was practically the only thing I could hear.

Miss Coping or Bethany as I knew her better as was standing on the with Mrs Rhys (June) announcing who'd had gotten roles.

I'd been happy for the girls who got what they wanted but it really didn't interest me in the least.

The most annoying part was knowing how many of them I'd have to shush in sermon tomorrow.

There was no doubt they'd be talking about it for the next week.

"Edith Craig as Captain Hook." I sighed and looked at my phone, I had better things to do than sit here.

There was a long list of tasks I had the to complete and I needed to go into town, I definitely needed to have a shower as well.

"The student portraying Mrs Darling truly impressed us with her audition." I leant back and crossed my arms over my chest, my hair refusing to stay where it was supposed to and falling in my face.

Internally groaned in frustration and pushed my hair out of the way, causing some of the girls seated behind me to start giggling.

One thing I didn't get about the students here was their infatuation with me.

I could understand they would have some interest since this was an all girls school and I was the only, attractive male within a ten mile radius but they should be interested in someone their own age.

"So I will inform you all that our resident field-mouse Iris McCoy shall be our Mrs Darling."

Over half the girls here I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole.

Hardly any of then understood good music for a start and despite this being a private christian school most would gladly she'd their clothes at a moments notice.

"Elyria Colfort shall be playing the role of Wendy." I immediately perked up after hearing her name, the one that could change my whole mood.

June had said it wrong though, her name wasn't Elyria, it was Lainey, it's what she preferred to be called anyway.

I wonder if Lainey's sitting in the room somewhere, silently fuming from June using he wrong name.

I turned around, trying to see her from my place in the front row.

The only sight was the long row of teenagers sitting behind me who instantly started chattering.

"Hello, Father Way." One giggled and I politely said hello I'm response before turning around.

I wanted to see Lainey, she was the only girl around the who I felt like I had some understanding with.

I'd seen the look on her face when I played David Bowie.

She knew good music when she heard it.

Besides, I also liked how she treated me. She didn't say Father Way all the time and seemed able to view me as a human being for once.

I think the part I liked most about her was her personality.

She was unafraid to speak her mind when the situation called for it.

Most girls here would walk on eggshells, refusing to say or do anything that could get them in trouble.

She'd told me to go fuck myself and didn't flinch once while doing it.