TWO

KYLIE

I woke up bright and extra early for work. I stretched from my bed then headed to the bathroom. Washing my face, and brushing my teeth took about ten minutes.

I walked into my closet grabbing my black scrubs. I put the on and combed my hair down.

I applied just a little make up and lip gloss before checking myself out in the mirror. It was only right that I'm on my P's & Q's every where.

Grabbing my purse, work bag and journal, I was out the door.

************

I showed up to the local donut joint feeling great. I decided to pick some up for me and the rest of the co workers.

"Five dozen of glaze, please." I smiled.

"34.65 ma'am." The perky girl smiled.

I handed her three tens and a five and way on my way. Out the door I run into Quinton again. This was just my luck.

"Damn ma. If I didn't know any better I'll think you follow me around." He joked.

I laughed. "Nope. Just picking up donuts before work." I was some what in a hurry and tried to keep it brief considering I was still upset about last night.

"Look, about last night. I didn't get a chance to apologize. That was nothing, man. I set that straight afterwards."

"Oh you did? Well that's nice to know. Have a good morning." I tried closing my car door but he stopped me.

"Let me take you out to dinner. A night club wasn't the best way to set the tone, Kylie."

I was surprised he remembered my name. I couldn't help but blush.

"Well I'll think about it.." I said getting annoyed.

"What's your number? I'll come by on your break." He insisted. He pulled his phone from his pocket.

"Hmm, 678-224-0994. Call me around twelve. I get off at two." I said before pulling my car from the parking lot.

I was hesitate about giving him a chance. That situation at his club showed me so much. I'm really cautious about the decisions I make now.

QUINTON

I saved the number and called up my nigga Dex.

"Woa, what's good baby?" He answered.

"Cut it out." I laughed. "But aye, I got the dudes to get rid of that. They bringing my percentage over later. What's popping on your end?"

I checked my watch reading the time.

"Shid, give me a couple hours and I'll get back to you slime." Dex said before disconnecting the call.

I handled myself very well. The club was hectic and a lot to deal with but that was just my cover up for the dope business. I'm never lackin' when it comes to that.

I hopped in my Range Rover and pushed to Zips. Walking in, I see my good friend Winston cleaning glasses behind the bar. He was an old head but still my nigga. He taught me a lot coming up.

"What's good unc?" I said taking a seat at the bar.

"Nothing much. What you out here doing?"

"You know me, making money." I rubbed my hand over my fade.

"Oh that's right? That crazy broad of yours came by looking for you." Uncle Win face turned serious.

"No huh? What she say?"