FOUR

KYLIE

After I got off I had no plans. I decided to go and see Rachel's crazy ass.

I pulled out my phone and dialed her up.

"What's up girl" she spoke happily into the phone.

"What's poppin'? I'm about to come see you." I said as I took the expressway to her apartment.

"Okay cool. I'll be here."

And with that being said I ended the call and started to her house.

As I'm driving and singing along to the songs on the radio, I received a phone call. To my surprise its Q.

I got buttery flies in my stomach.

"Hello." I answered shyly.

"What's up. What you doin'?"

"I'm on my way to my friends place."

"Cool shit.. What you about to get into?" He asked.

"Probably nothing. I'm just gonna go chill with her for awhile, have a glass of wine and listen to a little music."

"Send your location. I'll slide through." He said.

The sound of his voice made me moist. Everything about Q turned me on.

Thinking back on how I said we needed distance, I quickly came up with an excuse.

"Oh its a girls night. Maybe another time?" I said.

"I here you ma'. Hit me up then. I'll be at Zips." He said then ended the call.

I placed my phone back into my purse and killed the engine as I parked in front of the building.

I walked straight in to the apartment to see Rachel sipping white wine on the sofa.

"Not without me." I said fixing myself a glass.

"Teeka's on the way and shes bringing a male friend. You should call someone over."

"What about you?" I asked spinning the wine around in my glass.

"What about me?"

"Oh, I thought you'll want a friend as well."

She waved her hand. "No I'm good girl. I just wanted to get together." She indicated.

Quinton did ask to come over and he was the only person I could call so I didn't think it was a bad idea. I took out my phone and send him the address of Rachel's apartment.

Double texting him, I sent "come over for some wine perhaps."

He replied and things were set.

Teeka and her guy friend arrived in no time.

"Rachel, Kylie.. This is JT. JT these are my friends Kylie and Rachel." Teeka introduced.

"Nice to meet you two." He said.

"You picked a cute one huh?" I whispered to Teeka.

JT stood six foot two with chocolate skin, a clean cut, ripped body and a nice set of teeth. I was proud of my friend considering she had no taste in men.

Sitting around enjoying everyone's company, I noticed Q haven't arrived yet. I began to think he stood me up.

I pulled my phone out dialing his number before heading into the hall.

"What's up?" He answered on the third ring.

"I'm just checking to see if you'll still be coming over. I called an hour ago." I said checking my watch.

"My bad. I got tied up but I'm on my way to you now."

"Alright Q." I said as I hung up and then joined the rest in the living room.

"Date failed?" JT asked.

I smiled. "Nah, he's on his way." I corrected.

We must've stoke him up because there was a knock on the door.

"I got it." I said as I hopped up from the sofa.

And there he was. I looked him head to toe admiring how handsome he was.

He pulled me into a hug. "You thought I wasn't gone show." He said breaking out the hug.

He always smells so good.

"At first I didn't but I see your a man of your word."

I grabbed his hand taking him into the living room.

"You guys this is my friend Qu. Qu this is Rachel, Teeka, and her friend JT." I said.

"Qu what's up baby. Long time, no see." He said as he stood and dapped him off.

"You two met?" I asked confused.

"We grew up together. JT my nigga." Qu said.

Well that's even better. I took a seat and Qu joined me.

I looked over to him examining his looks. This was the first time I actually stopped and got a good look at him. Lord, he was stunning.

"You good?" He laughed.

"What?" I was totally in a trance.

"You was staring. I'm just making sure you good."

I rolled my eyes.

"Can I talk to you outside." Qu stated more than asked.

"Sure." I followed behind him.

I wonder what he could have wanted to say that couldn't be said around everyone else.

"Look Kylie, I'm feeling you. And I don't do this usually. I know this all taking you fast but I had to confess."

I was lost for words and that doesn't happen too often.

"Qu I don't know....I don't know what to say. I mean I like you but--"

"But what?" His face expression suddenly changed.

"But I don't think I'm ready."

"I understand ma', I really do." He said stepping in closer to me. Not long after he planted a sweet kiss on my forehead.

Looking me into my eyes, he kissed my cheek. My heart skipped a beat as I felt him staring at my lips as if he was getting ready to go in for a kiss. With out a doubt, he did. His lips against mine were perfect!

He pulled away out the kiss and my face filled with confusion. "What's the matter?"

"I want you." He spoke softly. Without saying another word I grabbed the back of his neck and pulled him in for another kiss.

The kiss deepened and it became passionate. This moment was perfect. I felt a certain spark in my heart.

The sound of his cell phone ringing cut the kiss short causing him to break away and look at his phone. He ignored the call.

"You're not going to answer?"

"Yeah maybe later." Qu said as he checked the time. "Here, come by tonight." He said handing me a key.

"What's this for?" I asked.

"It's the key to my house. Come over tonight when ever. We still got some things to talk about." He said hugging me tight then taking off to his car.

At this point I didn't know how to feel about Quinton.