TWENTY-THREE: Erin Paige Carter

KYLIE

July 15, 2016...

Today was the day I gave birth to a healthy baby girl. Eight pounds and three ounces. She had brown eyes just like her father. Her head was covered in beautiful dark wavy hair. Erin Paige Carter was truly my blessing.

"Erinnnn look at the camera baby." I said as I played with her little hand and fingers.

My Aunt Heather, her husband Charles, and my two cousin Macey and Sasha were all gathered around me.

My aunt would not stop snapping pictures. But that was expected. Everyone was so pumped up for Erin's arrival. I think they all were more excited than me. This moment was close to being perfect but only one thing was missing and that was....

I was cut off from my thoughts as Quinton walked through the door. Was I dreaming?

"Pinch me I'm dreaming." I said. My eyes were wide and my mouth was to the floor.

"No, its really me." He smiled.

"Okay let's leave these two alone." My aunt said as she pushed everyone from the room.

"How-- how did you-- you know I was here?"

"Your aunt Heather told me some days in advance and I flew out. But never mind that Kylie, can I hold my baby girl?"

"Sure. She is yours." I said as I handed Erin over to him.

"She's beautiful." He spoke. I saw a sparkle in Quinton's eyes.

"I know.. Isn't she?"

"Yeah just like her mother."

My eyes shot up at him.

Quinton softly placed her down as the nurse rolled her out.

"Why were you going to let me miss out on this Kylie?" Qu spoke as the door closed behind the nurse.

I felt terrible about the decisions I made but the damage was done.

"You hurt me Quinton. I wanted and needed to be away from you."

"So you let me miss out on the entire pregnancy?"

"Come on man, I see you all over Instagram with that Tasha girl. You don't need me and Erin."

"Kylie I haven't seen or spoken to you in months!"

"You couldn't stay down then so I should've known you'll go out and get you someone while I was away."

"Away? Kylie I thought you were never coming back. How you gone sit here and blame me for moving on? A real woman doesn't up and leave when shit gets rocky. I proposed to you Kylie."

"Well it all means nothing now. And real men can stay faithful even when a little pussy is being thrown in their face. You wouldn't know though. But you're happy with her, right? Tasha is it, or Monica? I left the ring so you could finish being with whoever."

"You making me out as the bad guy."

"Because all of this started from your one fuck up."

"Look I came here to see my daughter, not to argue with your ass. What did you name her anyway?"

"Erin Page Carter.."

"You gave her my last name? That's surprising."

"Why won't you just get the fuck out. I didn't ask for you to be here."

"And you right about that. But this is bigger than you and I now. Its about our daughter now."

"Quinton, go.."

"I'll be over later. Your aunt wanted me to come over. I need bonding time with my kid anyway."

"How about we keep this strictly about Erin. You and I... We're finished."

"Obviously." Quinton said before leaving out the hospital room.

I was crushed that Quinton had moved on. My heart was still with him. I was still in love but I had to do what's right. He's happy with that Tasha girl anyway.

Excuse any misspelled words..

Don't forget to comment & vote for every chapter..