Chapter 28

This is who I imagine as Lark.... I think he is so fun to look at.... Haha!!!! 

Lark:

I find myself in disbelief. I find the darkness comforting. I find myself sinking deeper.

Everything was going wrong. Tonight was supposed to be great. I was supposed to go to prom with Suzette Carrier, the girl I loved. I was supposed to dance with her. And hang out with all my friends. Then after I would take her home and possibly make out in the car with her a little bit before she had to go.

But I instead of the night I imagined I got a brother I never knew about. My fathers past revealed. And a power I didn't even know I had. My night went in a way different direction than I thought it would.

I stood in the middle of a tangle of trees and bushes. After Suzette had pushed me away from her, I manage to stand and try to piece together what I should do now. 

Branches crack from behind me and I instantly move behind a tree to plan a way to get past whoever this is. And then the person comes into view. Tyson and Faith stand side by side, Tyson holding her tight to him as if he would never let go. 

"Lark, we know your there. Just come out." Tyson calls. 

I don't move. I'm not going out there. I don't want anything to do with him. 

I peak out from behind the tree and they are gone. I still don't move. I don't want to come out and then have them trick me with actually being there. 

I wait for a few more seconds and then come out from behind the tree. No one is around. I start to walk in the direction that I last saw Suzette take off in. And then something lands on top of me. I grunt, pushing at the body on top of me, trying to get this person off of me. 

Finally I manage to get them off of me. I stare into the face of Tyson Woods. His green eyes are intent and focused on me. 

"What the hell do you think you are doing?" I snap, shoving him once more. 

Tyson frowns, and Faith appears behind him, her eyes thoughtful. 

"Lark, we are trying to help you." Faith says, her hand now on Tyson's shoulder, squeezing slightly. 

"Help." I spit. "You call this help. By jumping on me." 

Tyson growls. "Don't talk to her like that. I'm not that good at being calm. My instinct is to jump on you. I didn't mean to, I'm sorry." 

I laugh. "You are actually apologizing. Some brother you are. You strangle me, threaten my girlfriend, ruin my prom night, and then apologize for jumping on me. That is not what you should be apologizing for." 

He finches, and stands up, towering over me. "I'm trying to help you now. We have to get to Suzette before Chasity does." 

He holds out a hand for me to take. I hesitate, I don't know who to trust but I do know that I need to find Suze no matter what and I wouldn't stop until I did. So I take his hand, and Tyson pulls me up from the ground. 

"Now let's go find her." I say, my words more of a demand. 

"But wait, don't you want to know what happened to all your other friends?" Faith says. 

I instantly feel guilty. The thought that Porter might have been hurt never crossed my mind. I felt bad, so bad. I really am a terrible friend. 

"Yes." I whisper. "Tell me." 

"From that burst of light that you produced, Porter managed to run away with Kendall but they were both burnt a little bit. Marin collapsed, Tyson and I managed to get her to a safe place, she was severely hurt and burnt. But Chasity is nowhere to be found. We're pretty sure she ran, trying to find Suzette to kill her." Faith tells me. 

How could I have produced such a bright light that I burnt everyone. I couldn't believe that I had hurt my friends. I wanted to go to them but not without knowing that Suzette was safe. Then I would make sure that my friends were okay and sent to a hospital. 

"Thank you, for helping Marin and my other friends." I say. 

"Of course." Tyson says, his green eyes growing emerald. 

"Can we just find Suzette and get out of here?" I say, now impatient and wanting to be with my friends. 

Tyson nodded, and he closed his eyes. He probably was doing what Marin and Kendall were doing earlier, feeling for Suzette. His eyes shoot open and then he points to the right. 

"Hurry." He says, and then shoves me in that direction. 

I stumble but catch my footing. I break out in a run, my feet slapping hard against the dirt and leaves. I keep running until I reach a small cave that I was in before when Chasity had first taken me. At first I hear nothing but then a piercing scream shoots through the air and I'm tearing through the branches. I am standing at the mouth of the cave and then I step through.