Chapter 7

Suzette:
"Suzette if you don't tell me what's wrong I'm going to slap you." Chasity says.
I lift my head and meet her eyes.
"That guy was watching me." I say.
"What!"
"Yeah and I really don't want to talk about it so let's just go find you a dress."
She flinches like my words slapped her. I guess she's so used to me telling her everything. I twist a lock of hair around my finger. I usually do that when I'm nervous or lost in thought. And right now I was deeply lost in thought.
I couldn't stop thinking about that guy watching me. I didn't even know if it was a guy. It could be a girl for all I know.
Such beautiful hair.
I didn't even know what that meant. Why would this person comment on my hair? I so desperately wanted to be home with a father who was alive and a mother who cared. If she knew what was happening I doubt she would care or worry about me.
Chasity pulls the car into the parking lot. We get out of the car. Chasity pulls the handle on the door and it glides open. All I saw were dresses. Probably thousands of dresses hanging from the walls and on the racks.
"Can I help you?" A woman says. Her hair is jet black as well as her eyes.
"Yes I'm looking for a dress for prom." Chasity says.
"Well let me know if you need anything." The lady says as she slowly makes her way back to the jewelry counter.
Chasity pulls out at shimmery short dress with a poofy skirt. It was midnight blue and strapless. She holds it to her body. She spins around and the dress swishes around with her.
"Oh Suzette it's my dream dress. Have you asked Lark if he would go with me?" She says.
"Uh no but I will tonight. He's staying over at my house tonight."
Chasity faces transforms as if she's eaten a super sour grape.
"Suze don't you think it's weird that Lark sleeps over at your house."
"No we've been friends since we were kids."
"Well I think it's weird. If Lark and I start dating then he can stay over at my house."
If her and Lark date!
When had Chasity liked Lark. She was the one who told me that Lark likes me. But honestly if Chasity likes Lark she can have him. Lark and Chasity would look great together.
Chasity changes into the dress in the dressing room. She comes out and the dress was perfect on her. She was like a goddess.
"Wow Chasity you look amazing."
"Thanks."
Chasity takes the dress off. We walk over to where the lady is standing and while she's wrapping up the dress in a box, she says "You have beautiful hair." She looks directly at me.
"T-t-thank you." I say.
For some reason I can't get the words out.
Once Chasity pays for the dress I grab her arm and pull her out of the shop.
"What's wrong Suzette?" Chasity asks?
"That's the same thing that person texted me. They said that my hair is beautiful."
"What's wrong with complimenting about your hair."
"Nothing. Just forget it."
Chasity finally pulls into my driveway and I get out of the car, slamming the door behind me.
"Whoa don't break my car Suzette." Chasity exclaims.
I was so upset. I thought she would believe me no matter what but I guess people change.